Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Broccoli for the booty

I am eating so much broccoli and lettuce right now....its a good thing I will be sleeping alone.  Butt-load of protein + fibrous veggies = lethal gas.  Just being honest...

Today was a rough day....mainly due to the fact that I only got about 5 hours of sleep and proceeded to toss and turn all night.  I was once again reminded that there is a certain level of security that comes along with having a 220 pound male beside you at night, and that there's no way to physically spoon yourself.  So disappointing.  Spooning is highly underrated.  Guys, just DO IT...she'll think you care, which is the point...then when you do something completely stupid during the day, (which is a matter of when, not if), its ok because you are now an experienced spooner....
You're welcome.

So needless to say, the day felt that much longer since I was running on fumes by the end.  For my sprints today I just did Tabata style for 25 minutes, heartrate 192, legs hating life.  I could definitely feel yesterday's leg workout during each stride.  I know I need to be doing some more sprint work on the track, but after walking outside today at noon, I think I'll pass.  We are being molested by the sun right now.  That kind of heat where you get in your car and you are certain that your face will peel off at any moment...or if you passed gas you'd immediately catch on fire.  Yeah, that kind of heat.  So, there's a high probability that I will continue to just do treadmill sprints for awhile.

Change of subject...
I absolutely love it when I set the treamill at a higher speed than what a client would honestly feel comfortable and truly never try on their own,...and then tell them to jump on.  They look at me as if I'm nuts and will often question their ability to do it.  I laugh and then let that moment of wishful thinking they have about me having mercy on them pass, and again tell them to get on.  Hesitantly they jump on....and wha-la, they do it.  The look on their face is priceless....in that moment, they experienced success.  In that moment, they caught a glimpse at a greater self
Those moments make my day...I experienced 2 of those today at the same time...it was awesome...

Tomorrow is a big lifting day...back, shoulders, bi's.  I need to get way more sleep tonight if there is any hope in lasting tomorrow...

Kels, Zimm....way to push each other...that's what its all about :)

No comments:

Post a Comment