Monday, May 30, 2011

Pit stains

Every morning I wake up and think "O God, what day is it?  Am I late?  What's that smell?"  Ok, lying about the last one...but seriously, I do a momentary freak-out most mornings thinking I am late for work.  The past few days have been no different.  Because today was a holiday, I've had 4 full days of 8+ hours of sleep each night...yeah, I don't think I've done that since college.  Not sure if passing out counts...

I've needed the rest.  With Ryan leaving, the past week has been an emotional whirlwind.  The house is quiet, and apparently the lawn will not mow itself.  Speaking of, yard work was interesting this weekend...I somehow managed to get mulch in my underwear.  There are several things that should never pass that elastic band, and mulch is one of them.  Completely unsanitary...but the work got done.  Between workouts and the yard work, my body is pooped.  Today's workout was a struggle.  Even with Zimm there to encourage, it was just harder than usual.  Perhaps because I was out of routine a little, and because I ran before lifting....which, I have to stop immediately.  Kind of irritates me just thinking about it...

I hit back, bis, and shoulders today....reps 6-8 on everything.  I tried to adjust the weights so that I was only able to get around 6 reps for most lifts.  Done and DONE.  Went up to 25's today on curls...pleased with that.  Good thing I won't need my forearms tomorrow...they will be shot.  Left arm still struggles to get a good contraction, but its come a long way.  Stupid left arm....I have no encouragement for it...it just needs to man-up...

Workout:
BW WG pull-ups 4 x 6-8
Seated cable row 4 x 6-8
Wide grip lat pull-down 4 x 6-8
Seated BB shoulder press 3 x 6-8
Seated DB press 3 x 6-8
Tir-set: Front plate raise, Lateral raises, lateral pulse (3 x 8 each)
Bent arm lat raise 3 x 6-8
Alteranting DB curls 3 x 6 each
Standing BB curls 4 x 6-8
Alternating incline curls 3 x 6 each
The heat was unbearable today.  To the point that I couldn't even go to the pool.  The thought of laying out in 95 degree heat for 3 hours with high humidity, around a bunch of screaming kids, with the chance that I might get hit with a flying wet koosh ball, and MaryJo over there puffing on her Virginia Slims and blowing it in my direction......recipe for disaster in Mebane.  You'd see me on the evening news.  Needless to say, I had to find a different way to celebrate Memorial Day.

Well, I'm about 5 weeks from making my decision about the show in November....couple of things weighing in my head, and one medical issue, but we shall see...

My rear has decreased almost 2 inches  in the past 2 months.  I'm about to draw the line...any smaller and I will fit the stereotypical white girl profile of no-rear.  Not cool.  Gonna be hitting the lunges pretty hard this week...

Well, its feeding time in the Falcon house...protein, veggies, and an ice pack...to sit on...I am still sweating...this is ridiculous...

2 comments:

  1. Well for what little encouragement I was good for you made it look easy! Btw you already know what I say about the show in November- just do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny...I spent 3 hours this afternoon at the pool with 4 kids (3 of mine, 1 that isn't). There were SO many people in the pool that I felt like a sardine--you couldn't move more than 5 feet without hitting someone. I'm sure there was way too much pee in the water that I'm sure I'll have some gastric issue by tomorrow. Screaming, splashing, yelling, jumping, it was all part of the day. Good thing you avoided all that, I'm not sure it was worth it, especially when I was dripping with sweat by the time I got the kids loaded back into the car AFTER cooling off in the water. Just pump up a kiddie pool in your well-manicured back yard!! :)

    ReplyDelete