Monday, May 9, 2011

Hold my hair please...

At 12am this morning I wasn't quite sure I'd make it through the day.  I was hovered over the toilet spewing what was left of my dinner...lunch...breakfast...I think I may have even passed a major organ.  I had some milk last night, which I think was the culprit.  I'm now convinced that once I left the boob-feeding 27 years ago, milk is no longer necessary... I was cursing lactose.

Overall, it was a great and crazy weekend.  I was able to relax by the pool for a little bit, clean, and then enjoy a "normal" meal at a local restaurant.  I had salmon, veggies, a slice of bread, and a couple glasses of wine.  Ah yes, it went down like sweet sweet goodness.  And then there was Mother's Day...running all over God's creation to be with family, and ending the day at the hospital.  Niece #2 arrived yesterday at Duke...so there was certainly much to celebrate on the 5th floor. It was BYOB.  Bring Your Own Breast-milk.  I could hardly contain myself in that room, and there I was crying more than the infant....and I didn't have the excuse that I was hungry or crapped myself.  Ok, maybe the first...
What an amazing day.

So, I took yesterday completely off from any type of training, and I could tell from the moment I woke up that I seriously needed it.  Today was back to the grind.  I had back, biceps, shoulders, and finished with sprints.  I kept the weights the same from last week on everything except for shoulder press.  My arms were shot, so I had to drop the weight.  Boooo

Workout:
Wide grip pull-ups 4 x 6-8
Seated cable row 4 x 6-8
Single arm lat pull-down 4 x 6 each
Narrow grip pull-down (trap emphasis) 3 x 6-8
Seated BB shoulder press 4 x 6-8
Bent arm lateral raises 4 x 6-8
Front plate raises 4 x 6-8
EZ bar curls 4 x 6-8
Single arm horizontal cable curl 4 x 6-8 each
Sprints

Sprints got pretty rough today.  My traps were cramping so badly that I started feeling pain up the back of my neck and into my head.  The absolute only time it wouldn't throb was when I was actually sprinting...so for 10 seconds I had relief....10 measly seconds.  Blah....glad its over.

Tomorrow is a lighter leg day, heavy chest, core, and cardio. 
Time to peel some eggs....then hopefully a vomit-free night....

2 comments:

  1. It was sooooo good training with you again this morning. I needed not only the training session but a good chat with you! You always make our sessions enjoyable.

    Congrats again on becoming an Aunt again! I can't wait to see pictures of Haven Leigh. Beautiful name.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few benefits for using abdominal exercise machines but probably one of the most important benefits is the absence of impact. Elliptical trainer workouts are generally safe for the joints and provide a no-impact workout as opposed to a treadmill where your feet hit the deck with every step.

    ReplyDelete