Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Squattastic

It's already 8:30 and I still need to get outside and water the garden.
Ugh...not gonna lie, I like growing stuff, but the watering aspect makes me want to rip my hair out a little bit. 

What a day...
I didn't work at all this morning, as I was helping my husband get everything together to leave for Texas.  Complete career change in 3 days, and here we are.  Its an incredible opportunity, and we are excited, but there's only so much talking I can do with myself for almost 4 months.  Way too much sarcasm in one conversation.  Nonetheless, life is a little different right now....onward we roll...

I simply couldn't take it anymore...I had to do a heavy leg workout today.  Its been over 2 months since I beat my legs up, and I just needed to get it out of me.  I was on a mission.  I kept reps 10-12, and went about 90% to failure.  It felt great.  "Great", meaning that I was cursing by the end and wanted my mama.  Going to the bathroom tomorrow will be horrible...

Workout:
Squats 3 x 10-12
Walking lunges 3 x 20 yards
Hamstring curls on machine 3 x 10
Leg extensions 3 x 10-12
SLDL 3 x 12
Flat DB bench press 4 x 6-8
Incline DB press 4 x 6-8
DB flys 4 x 6-8
Weighted decline sit-ups 3 x 15
Crunches on ball/ss ab roll on ball 3 x 12 each

No cardio today.  I took a vote and the majority won.  The weights took me an hour and a half alone, and my legs were shot...no cardio for me.  And I was totally fine with it...ha, MORE than ok with it.  Sprints tomorrow.  That near death experience will make up for it I'm sure. 

Its so funny how I seriously get so pumped when I see great form in the gym.  It absolutely makes my day.  I was watching one my my clients today, and was just blown away by how far she's come.  And what's amazing is that she doesn't even think twice about it...she just DOES.  It got me thinking about how sometimes we let our minds stop our bodies.  We mentally cultivate all the reasons why we can't, and ultimately deny our bodies the opportunity to prove we can.  Every now and then we need to just let our bodies DO...

Its almost my bedtime.  4:30 will come way too early and I've already got a headache thinking about it.  Have a lovely evening folks, and get ready for hump day!  Woooo!

3 comments:

  1. Nice workout today...sorry our timing couldn't let us cross paths this morning...thought lots about you guys and I'm glad you made the right decision...we'll catch up tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a strong woman, both mentally and physically. I admire your strength. When you have a moment of weakness, that's okay too--others are there to help you. :)

    Have a great day (another hot one!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the encouragement Zimm, you're awesome! It was great to catch up some today....and remember, ANYONE IS BEATABLE ;)

    Lora,
    You are too kind...some days my strength (in all aspects) is better than others! HA...tis life! But I am so blessed to be surrounded by so many amazing people, and thank you for reminding me that asking for help is ok....yes, I struggle with that sometimes (shocking)... :)

    ReplyDelete