Friday, May 6, 2011

Needing sleep

Friday...glorious Friday.
It never fails that on Friday mornings around 5:40, our cat Oscar starts whining at our door.  In his pea-size-mind, I should be up feeding him by that point.  Fat cat.  12 minutes later I couldn't take it anymore...I was up.  Cat food in bowl, and coffee brewing.  No need for a meth-lab when you've got freshly ground Costa Rican coffee...mmmm...

I spent the majority of my morning cleaning before heading to the gym.  Friday workouts are tough.  My mind is tired, my body is fatigued, and I'm just ready for a couple of days to relax.  I had chest, shoulders, and sprints today.  My shoulder workout felt like a joke...a sick joke.  I was struggling through the entire thing.  It was a good struggle, but I felt that the weights were lighter than I'd like.  Eh...

Workout:
30* incline DB press 3 x 12
Flat DB bench press 3 x 12
DB flys 3 x 12
Decline push-ups 2 x failure
DB shoulder press 3 x 12
Standing lateral raises 3 x 12
lateral-to-overhead raise 3 x 15
Sprints 20 minutes

Tomorrow will be some light cardio...I might jog...who knows.  And then I think I might rest on Mother's Day...not because I am a mom (for the sake of my sanity and any small child), but because I am tired.  Period.  However, in honor of Mother's Day, I'd like to share a few things my mom has taught me.  I've mentioned before that my mom and I are pretty different when it comes to our personalities, but I admire that woman more than words can express.  So here are a few things Mama Parker has taught yours truly....

*Life is about relationships
*You teach people how to treat you
*Showers are not an option
*When you love, do it with your entire being
*Keep perspective...its all about perspective
*"Wait til your father gets home!" typically precedes an ass whoop'n 
*Surround yourself with beauty everyday
*Be kind to yourself

I am truly blessed to have an amazing mom.  Considering the number of mothers who freely contribute to the delinquency of a minor, I'd say she did a pretty good job.  Way to go mom...I'm still alive...wearing clean underwear...and not drinking by myself...

Time for bed....on to the weekend,....Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment