Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Time is NOW

 I woke up in a fog this morning.  For a split second I thought it was Wednesday, and then perhaps Friday...boy was I wrong.  Only Tuesday...which are like Monday hangovers.  The morning was busy at times, but good.  It throws me off a little bit around the holidays when the student athletes are out of school and come workout in the morning instead of the afternoon.  Its free entertainment...and good birth control.  The highlight of my  morning was when a 12 year old boy looks at me so seriously after finishing a circuit, panting like a smoker, and says "Meredith, you don't like fun in the gym do you?"  I had to laugh....and then proceed to tell him that I am mainly here to make his life harder.  Poor kid will need therapy after dealing with me.  He's catching on slowly but surely. 

I was looking forward to working out today....shocker, I know.  My crack pipe.  I had back and biceps, which, completely killed my forearms.  They were throbbing a little bit by the end.
Then I had a "moment of clarity" during my workout.  Gotta love those.  Like the clouds part and low and behold Meredith is granted a slice of wisdom...watch out.  I stood there staring at the weight and realized that my body was tired, the weight was heavy, and my expectation to lift it 12 times was quite ambitious.  At that point it was more than expectations, it was simply about demanding more.  I had to go past the point of thinking I was capable, and just demand the set be done.  Because if I were to listen to my body, I was done.  But how often do we do that?  How often do we just stop at good enough?  I'd say 9.9 times out of 10.  Time to demand more.

Today's workout:
Horizontal row with lat bar 3 x 12
Wide grip pull-down 3 x 12
BB row 3 x 12
Single are DB row 3 x 10 each
Rear flys 3 x 10
Alternating DB curls 3 x 10 each
Wide grip lat bar curls 3 x 10
Bicep pull-downs 3 x 10

THEN, once the lactic acid was flowing and I was eager to shower and take some coffee to the face, I GOT ON THE TREADMILL.  I know...the world must be coming to an end.  I was in a zone...and I was demanding more... I walked on a high incline for 30 minutes while enjoying the latest gossip in People magazine.  My rearend was not happy with me at that point....to which I said it was too big to have a say so in the matter.  Overall, great workout day.  Now I am plastered to the recliner and not too thrilled about getting up to go to bed.  I would fall asleep here and have my husband carry me to bed if I didn't think he'd get a hernia in the process....

What can I say,...got a lot of heavy junk in my trunk....

No comments:

Post a Comment