Monday, December 20, 2010

Pushing through...

Monday already...
This weekend was outrageously busy and my migraine yesterday was an indication that Friday and Saturday were out of control.  It was one holiday event after another...I was overwhelmed with obnoxious Christmas sweaters that should have been burned 20 years ago along with leg warmers, scrunchies, and shoulder pads.  I did have to do a little more meal-planning to make sure I not only got all my meals in, but had stuff with me as we went from one freak show to another.  I'm kidding, it was entertaining to say the least. 

After lifting 4 days in a row, I took Friday off.  We had our company dinner that night at a local bar (yes, we are high rollers around here), and that was the first time I truly missed beer.  It was ridiculous because the temperature was about 30 degrees outside and thus no reason to want something cold to drink.  Momentary weakness.... I was able to squeeze in a quick workout Saturday, so I lifted shoulders and core and got in 40 minutes of cardio.  My abs are still sore and laughing really isn't enjoyable right now.  Kinda feels like a weird combination of gas pains and a knife in my side.  Awesome.  I woke up Sunday morning with all intentions of getting in about 30 minutes of cardio, but my head was throbbing at 6:00 am.  The headache lasted all day and was more annoying than anything.  I was ready for my workout today.  Since I lifted on Saturday, I had quads and chest today.  Talk about a tough workout....my legs were shot, my chest was shot,...I was pretty much worthless by the end.

Workout:
Squats 3 x 12
Single leg, leg press 3 x 12 each
Leg extensions 3 x 12
Explosive leg press 3 x failure
Flat DB chest press 3 x 12
Incline DB press 3 x 12
Declined push-ups 3 x 12-15
DB flys 2 x 12

Solid workout.  I feel good.  I struggled through the leg exercises, but I expected that.  Everything felt pretty heavy today.  There were a couple of times when I was honestly unsure if I'd make it through my last set, but I kept thinking "just keep pushing"...and a few more things I can't post, but you get the idea.  Almost sounded like I was giving birth or something.  It was a mind over matter thing at that point.  Welcome to Mondays I guess.

Might need some 'ol coffee in about 10 minutes.  Give me a needle, a good vein, and I can solve this caffeine-need real quick....

No comments:

Post a Comment