Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Ready for more

Just woke up from a nap...still in that semi-awake phase where I'm pretty sure I could sleep another hour if I had a horizontal surface and a blanket.  That nap was amazing, and much needed.  Today, I am tired.  I got to bed slightly later last night, and 4:30 came early.  The second I stepped out of bed my quads were cursing me.  I am extremely sore today, and sort of thankful I didn't have to teach ZUMBA this morning.  My salsa moves would have looked like the elderly-woman version....

I only had cardio today so I walked for 40 minutes on an incline.  People magazine kept me occupied, and I was able to catch up on the latest gossip.  That stuff may be trash, but the truth is we all love reading it...if only for the brief moment of satisfaction we receive from thinking that we are "normal".  Yes, it is a little sick, and yet we are all guilty.  I stayed at my normal pace, although it was more of a struggle today since my legs were so sore. 

My energy was much better yesterday with a few nutritional changes I made to my diet.  Since I'm so used to being tired everyday by mid-afternoon, I can pretty much feel any increase in energy.  So not wanting to bang my head against the wall at 4pm is truly awesome.  I miss those days in high school when I could just go and go with no problem.  Oh to be 16 again.  HA,...I sound like I'm 60 and just offended all of you who have about 20 years on me.

Well, big day tomorrow...BACK!  Ready for it.  Its so funny to me that after I get done working out and beating myself up, I am completely spent, a little pissed off, and so glad its over.  Then the next day, still sore, I come back for more...excitedly ready for more.  Its like an abusive relationship that I secretly enjoy and keep coming back to....now there's something for my shrink to analyze...

No comments:

Post a Comment