Monday, December 27, 2010

Losing...to win

A good day.  I laughed...I nearly cried...felt pain...felt joy...got mad...got sad... I'm starting to sound a little bipolar, I better stop.  Seriously though, surviving Monday is an accomplishment in itself.  Getting back into the groove after a major holiday and especially a wintery-lazy-Sunday is hard to do.  I had several cancellations this morning due to the weather, and with no Zimm, no Morven, no "Tour-riders", I was practically entertaining myself all day....while cheap and easy to do, it can only last but so long. 

I did have one of those days though, where I looked in the mirror and thought "holy crap I am ready to slim down".  My thighs are gargantuan right now.  Sure, I did a great job putting on size during my bulking phase, but I'm pretty sure my quads got a little mass-happy...as well as my backside, but we won't even go there right now...or ever.  This is when I've got to be patient, stay focused, and let my diet do the work.  It's definitely hard when you're only losing about .8-1 pound a week, but that's how its got to be to preserve as much muscle as possible.  And right now it looks like I'm storing up for winter...

Everything felt heavy today in my workout.  I kept the weight as high as last week on most lifts, and went up on 1 or 2.  I think I just felt fatigued from a long weekend.

Workout:
Squats 3 x 12
Alternating leg press (10x each)/ss back loaded squat jumps (12x)
Leg extensions 3 x 12
30* incline chest press 3 x 12
Flat DB press 3 x 12
DB flys (10x)/ss front raises (10x)

I didn't have time for some cardio afterward, (yes, I was actually going to do some), but I needed to get ready for my next client.  Sometimes I spend a few minutes going through the poses I will have to do on stage, and my left side is seriously driving me nuts.  I can't flex quite s hard on that side, and I feel that right now its a little too obvious.  I know once I start posing on a regular basis it will improve, but right now its just ridiculous.  Watch, Ryan will come home in a couple of hours only to find me flexing up a storm in the bathroom mirror.  He would just laugh....and then probably join me.  Falcon flex-a-thon.  Out of control.

Food plan went well today.  Wasn't ever hungry, good energy, and haven't turned into a chicken just yet.  I truly think lowering my protein and bumping up my carbs was a smart move....I'll keep you updated though.  Ok, my eyes are starting to close....time for some beauty rest....for my sake, and the sake of my clients tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment