Thursday, December 16, 2010

MIDstuckDLE

What a gross day.  Freezing rain and snow has made for a typical want-to-stay-in-bed day...and clearly that's what most people did this morning.  I got to work and there was cancellation after cancellation due to the weather and for a minute I questioned my sanity for even trying to make it in so early when some roads were still bad.  But I figured there are worse things than being stuck at the gym.  Honestly, me being stuck at the gym would be like an alcoholic being trapped in a bar.  Second home.  I had a small number of clients before it was time for my own workout.  I was feeling good until an hour in, and then I hit the biggest wall...I was beyond done.  I'd hoped to get in some core work, but it just wasn't going to happen today.  I pushed through a tough chest and hamstring workout and that was about all my body could handle.  Not having Wednesday off from lifting this week really affected today's workout.  Tomorrow will be an off day, and then perhaps a workout on Saturday if I can squeeze it in between the endless list of family gatherings that day.  Let's not even go there...if you can't find me by 3:00 don't send out a search party...

My workout felt good although I was a little frustrated that my triceps started working way more than I wanted them to on bench and incline bench.  By the 10th rep my chest was struggling and so of course my amazon triceps decided to come along for the ride.  Out of control.  12 reps felt like an eternity today.  My ADD kicks in around the 7th rep and I fight to stay just as focused and controlled as I did on the first.  It's so easy to neglect the form on the mid-range reps.  The first few are strong and great form, the last are a struggle but exciting because you're almost done, but the middle ones get lost in there somewhere.  They are the "middle-child" of weight lifting....and I can completely feel their pain.  Ha.

Workout:
Flat DB bench press 3 x 12
Incline DB press 3 x 12
DB fly/ss wide push-ups to failure
Hamstring curls on machine 4 x 10-12
Hamstring curls on slideboards 3 x 12
Hamstring pull-backs 3 x 10

I'm still cold just sitting here.  Its one of those days when even the toilet seat is cold.  You don't know whether to brave the chill-o-porcelain on your backside, or do the hover-effect and pray your quads don't give out during the process.  Decisions, decisions.  Well, I've got my coffee and a few more hours of work before I go home to the hubby and feed that over-sized machine as well.  Watching that man eat is the 8th wonder of the world...

2 comments:

  1. Great title! It was nice to see you at the gym nonetheless! Maybe tomorrow won't be so gross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so clever I just can't stand it...ha! Yes, today was nasty, but glad you made it out of the house. Entertaining to say the least today in the gym....we should write a book...

    ReplyDelete