Sunday, December 26, 2010

Tears on the Throne

It's the day after Christmas and I am exhausted.  The past few days have been a giant blur as we've drove all over God's creation, and back.  I was running on fumes by last night, and by the time I slid into bed I'm pretty sure I was losing my mind...I asked my husband to rub my face...who does that, really?  He just doesn't ask questions anymore.  Smart man.

So I'm sure some of you are curious as to what I ate/didn't eat on Christmas.  I ended my evening with some Pepto Bismol...enough said.  I definitely enjoyed the foods I wanted to, but felt like death rolled over afterward.  Pretty sure my bowels hated me last night.  It was a great reminder as to why I don't eat like that all year.  The best part was after I finished eating dinner at my grandpa's house and went to the bathroom to wash my hands.... It was torture enough to physically get up from the table, and I'm pretty sure I was short of breath walking to the bathroom.  Then I open the door to find my cousin sitting on the floor with his head in a trashcan puking like it was Spring break 2004.  Nothing says Happy holidays like regurgitated corn pudding...

Overall, Christmas was a great day.  I woke up a little sad because there is something lost when you grow up...Christmas becomes hectic and overwhelming at times.  We often forget about the true meaning and get lost in pure busyness.  There I was, crying on the toilet at 6am on Christmas morning.  There's something so wrong about that picture.  But, after my minor cry-session in the bathroom I was ready to get on with my day.  I laughed until I nearly peed with my brothers.  Totally inappropriate and sick sense of humor....that's how we roll.  And when grandpa got the farts, it was all she wrote...our Christmas was complete. 

Needless to say, I was thankful when all the eating events were over.  Yesterday was my 16 week mark.  Game time.  The next 16 weeks will make me or break me.  Probably a little bit of both.  Part of me is definitely nervous that I will not come in as "hard" as I'd like, but I know that's just me freaking out.  It's a lot to think about everyday, and I find it difficult sometimes to mentally set it aside and find some balance in my day.  Makes me think of this bracelet a client recently gave me that just says "Believe in Yourself"...perhaps those words are thrown around a lot, but sometimes it truly gets me through.  I've got to be confident in my diet, my workouts, and my drive/ability to bring my A game in 16 weeks.  And believe me, looking at yourself naked 16 weeks out from a show, its easy to feel slightly overwhelmed sometimes.  So many changes must take place between now and then....period.

I did an hour of moderate cardio today.  I was well rested and felt pretty good the entire time.  I was certainly glad when it was over.  The day I become addicted to cardio, look for Jesus...He will return that day.

It's 6:30 and feels like 10.  I'm about to eat chicken and some salad, watch some comedy, and then hit the sac.  Big week ahead.  Last week of 2010 folks....be ready to make some resolutions on Friday.  My list will be long...brace yourself... 

No comments:

Post a Comment