Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Do a Dozen

Despite having a few extra hours to sleep in and take care of a few things around the house yesterday morning, I was ready to get back into my normal ridiculous schedule today.  Not gonna lie, I almost had a little pep in my step today.  Eh,...maybe that's an exaggeration.  But I was definitely in a better "mental state" today.  Its amazing what some sleep and a new day can do.  I spent over an hour working on my diet last night...making adjustments, analyzing numbers, bla bla bla.  My brain was fried by the end, but in a good way.  A few more carbs, a little less protein (thought you'd never see the day, right?!), and a greater caloric deficit...we'll see how my body responds.  I think I will definitely have more energy because of the carb increases, but going down to 3-4 oz. of meat at a few meals is like cutting off my arm.  I feel like I might as well eat a tic-tac.  I'll get used to it I'm sure, but not without hating a few moments along the way.  My thing is, you can piss and moan a little as long as you do it!  But whining with no action is just a waste of oxygen and a massive pain in the rear.  I'm not a tree-hugger by any means, but I will support the conservation of some good 'ol oxygen.  They should have t-shirts that say "Conserve oxygen....Shut your pie-hole!".  I'd definitely buy one...

Alright, let's talk workout.  I had quads and triceps today.  12 reps of everything.  I almost missed doing heavier weight for only 8 reps.  Don't get me wrong, the weight was heavy, but those last 4 reps had me flat out winded.  Leg extensions had me burning and crying for my mama.  It was brutal, but good.

Workout:
Squats 4 x 12
Leg press 3 x 12
Leg extensions 3 x 12
Back loaded squat jumps 3 x 12
Tricep press-downs on dip machine 3 x 12
Overhead rope extensions 3 x 12
Rope press-downs 3 x 12

I'm a little sick of the number 12 right now.  Tomorrow will just be light cardio...yaaayyyy.  Sarcasm is my way of surviving cardio.  That "high" some of you get from running...well, I'm still waiting to experience that....and if it were seriously better than drugs, there would be way more pot-heads-turned-runners.  Not happening...

Well friends, have a lovely Tuesday and get pumped for hump day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment