Tuesday, December 28, 2010

On the Evens

I woke up several times throughout the night in a panic that I would oversleep.  When I finally woke up at 4:22 I didn't even wait for the alarm to go off 6 minutes later and just got out of bed.  Yes, I get up at exactly 4:28.  Its a weird quirk that I have....I set my alarm only on even numbers, but never on the hour or half hour.  Yeah, I don't know where that came from but I've done it ever since middle school.  I was strange then, might as well keep it going...

My quads were not as sore as I expected them to be today, thank God.  Having them be sore for only 2 days instead of 4 would be amazing.  I had back and shoulders today.  I little bit different lifting combo than normal, but with us leaving town this weekend, my workout schedule is off.  Doing shoulders after back proved to be extremely tough.  By the time I got to lateral raises, my arms were shot and my traps wanted to come along for the ride.  Stupid traps.  It always amazes me how smart and DUMB the body is.  It will find the path of least resistance every time until we tell it otherwise.  Going through the motions simply won't cut it.  Each move has to be deliberate and controlled.  Now there's two words to describe my life right now....o the irony.

My energy is good right now.  I have added a small cup of coffee in the afternoon.  Look, its either that or...well,...let's not go there.  A few a of you may have an idea of things to insert here....which is why we're friends....because you know way too much.  This is absolutely absurd...as I am typing this I am downloading guilty pleasures...you know, those songs from the 7th grade dance that you don't want to admit you like, but when it comes on the radio you keep it there and belt it out like your at your own concert.  Yeah, those songs.  Don't even act like you don't know what I'm talking about...as you listen to Paula Abdul's "Straight Up" for the 4th time...tonight...

Ok, back to business.  Today's workout:

Close grip lat bar pull-back 3 x 12
Wide grip lat pull-down 3 x 10
Bent over BB row 3 x 10
Single arm Lat pull-down set with hyperextensions 3 x 10 each
Rear flys 3 x 10
Standing DB press 3 x 12
BB press/ss lateral raises 3 x 10-12 each

I finished my day with 20 minutes on the treadmill.  Had my People magazine and was rolling.  Ok, so I was barely moving, but I still got it done.  Period.  Like or dislike, I finished.  Ready for bed....hump day awaits....

No comments:

Post a Comment