Thursday, December 2, 2010

Pulling Back

4:30 hit me like a ton of bricks this morning.  I truly envy those people who can wake up each morning, smile, and be convinced its going to be a good day.  Its all perspective I know, but somehow at 4:30 its all I can do to put both feet on the floor and just keep moving.  As long as I don't think about it, I'm ok.  Just gotta get up and go...

It was a great morning with clients.  A little slower, so I was able to chat more and enjoy the conversations and laughter.  Some of the people I train truly trip me out, and I wish I had a recorder to document comments and conversations that are completely off the wall!  Its great.  From college students to menopausal women, I am entertained all day. 

Ok, down to business.  I had back and core today.  3 of my 4 back lifts went up in weight, which was awesome.  Got 110 on BB row for my last 2 sets.  I will honestly be shocked if the judges think my back muscles are too small compared to the rest of my body.  My rear delts and lats look like I'm about to fly away.  I say that, and yet I'll probably end up on stage beside an amazon women whose been on roids for the past 5 years.  I think one thing that's hard about training my back is making sure that I'm pulling evenly with my right and left side.  Symmetry is very important.  My left side generally lags behind, so I've really tried to focus on being precise with every muscle contraction.  I sound like a gym nerd.  Ha.  All about the details...

Workout:
Bent over BB row 4 x 8
Lat pull-down 4 x 8
Seated cable row 3 x 8-10
Rear flys 3 x 10
Dynamax sit-ups 3 x 15
Leg lifts (10x)/ss pilates heel touches (20x)...3 sets
Plank roll on ball 2 x 12

Long day....I've got clients til 6 and then a new ZUMBA class from 6-7.  Its a fun class, but my hips can only move so much within 48 hours.  It is great to see the women enjoying themselves though.  I know for some it is a step outside of their comfort zone,...so to come into a room and move their rear like they're in a music video for an hour is a big deal.  Just break out a few of those moves in the kitchen in front of your husband and you can thank me later....

Happy Thursday folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment