Thursday, December 9, 2010

Blessed

Thursday here I come.  I woke up ready to go today.  I was in the zone by 4:38...scary thought, I know.  It was truly a great morning with clients.  Everyone's workout went well, and I absolutely love "digging deeper" into some of life's issues with the ladies that come in.  They are funny, sharp, and teach me so much about various experiences in life.  One thing I've learned though is that from 27 years old to 65 years old, we still are young at heart and have similar desires.  We long to be appreciated, loved by those we value, and genuinely believe in ourselves to face life with true strength.  And I am blessed that my job is to help cultivate the latter.....its an honor I take seriously.

I thought I was 100% ready for today's workout, but it was one of those days when everything felt heavy.  I stuck with 12 reps on most exercises, and the last 3 were definitely a struggle.  Since I was doing back exercises today (mainly pulling), my forearms were killing me by the end.  Lord knows I don't need my forearms getting bigger.  Already look like I might whip out a 85 mph fast ball at any moment....and this is where my husband cocks his head back and just laughs at me being ridiculous.  Needless to say, he does that a lot.  To survive in our house you have to have a sense of humor....or take really good anti-depressants.  I'm a little intense, what can I say...

Workout:
Wide grip pull-ups 3 x 12
Lat pull-down 3 x 12
BB row/ss hyperextensions 3 x 12 each
Standing heavy rear flys/ss light rear flys on bench (3 x 12 each)
Alternating hammer curlgs 3 x 10 each
Standing EZ bar curls 3 x 12

Tonight I've got a ZUMBA class to teach.  Squatting is still painful....this could be interesting.  Here's to another good day of lifting, overdosing on protein, and lots of laughs with clients...

LOV'N IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment