Wednesday, August 1, 2012

GOLD

This is the earliest I've sat down for dinner in several days and I seriously want to saver every minute. 
I can't even handle my normal jazz music serenade right now.  I like it.  Don't judge me.  I've been on sensory-overload since Monday morning and not quite sure I can take anymore noise at this point.  And if my phone rings again 'ol Blackberry may have to take a field trip to Oscar's litter box.  Yes, there are days I contemplate letting my cat crap on my phone.

Today started with an early cardio session.  Not ideal, but it was the only time I could get it in.  Honestly, my legs felt pretty good and the time flew by.  No complaints about that. 
AHHHH...my phone just rang.  You've got to be kidding me.

I had a client this morning continue to remind me of each exercise they "did not like."  I had to laugh.  Seriously?  As if I'm going to take notes and make sure we never do those again...?  If I did that every time someone didn't like a particular exercise, I'd run out of ink just before my hand collapsed from severe arthritis.  Give me a break.  Why do we expect every aspect of training to be "fun"?  And by fun, I mean methods and exercises that play to our strengths...because for whatever reason, the vast majority of people associate a good or fun workout as one with little struggle.  For us meatheads this is bazaar, but I would attest that it applies to the majority of people.
Consider this: Struggle yields the opportunity to build strength mentally and physically.  In the gym, it is a GOOD thing.  Embrace it, learn from it, and feed off the confidence it produces.

Along those same lines, way to go US gymnastics team. 
I stayed up watching flips, twists, and dismounts until my anxiety couldn't take it anymore.  The balance beam freaks me out.  Its like a near-death sobriety test.  I'd fail...just after I busted a hip.  Not my thing, but very impressive.

8:40...I'm done....need sleep...and get my mind right for tomorrow.  Night folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment