Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Rough Start...

It takes exactly 24 hours to go from feeling like a million bucks to feeling like someone threw a million bucks worth of change at your face.
As I drove home listening to mom on the phone, I think I fell asleep once, daydreamed quite a few times, and perhaps even drooled a little at a stop sign.  I have no one to blame but myself.  I got all cocky with the whole I-feel-great-and-will-stay-up-and-be-productive thing last night and before I knew it the clock said 10:20...which is like 2am in my sad world.  That definitely set the tone for my morning.
I must have been in one giant mind-fog after that because I got about 5 minutes down the road and realized I forgot part of my 2nd meal...chicken.
Hell yeah I turned around.
Me without food for more than 3 hours is hazardous to everyone.  I don't play around when it comes to my poultry. 

I peeled back out of the driveway like a true gangster, only to see my neighbor (a cop) sitting in his car.
Awesome.
Not that I expected him to start his day off with that particular instance, but I'd have a hard time explaining my reckless driving and freak-out over a chicken breast.  But rest assured, I would do my best.

I finally get back on my journey and my gas light pops on with 22 miles to go.  I was 2 seconds from tossing the chicken, pulling over, and proceeding with the inevitable meltdown that was about to take place. 
Tuesday was bound and determined to make it rain on my face.
And seeing as I'm not a stripper, this was not a good thing.

By the time I got rolling with my day, it was honestly good.  I can't complain.  I had a great workout, many laughs, and only had to threaten a couple of people.  All in all, standard Tuesday.
One highlight was telling a client that her bodyfat was down 7%....pretty awesome.  She was thrilled, although admitted that lately her nutrition has been off and alcohol intake up.  Sounds like college.  I am always amazed by her honesty.  Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily expect everyone to lie to me about their diet habits, BUT I have heard "My diet is good" a thousand times.  For the record, that statement means pretty much NOTHING in our society.  "Good" compared to the standard American diet means 2 debbie cakes shy of a heart attack.  And "good" accompanied by high blood pressure and 40+ extra pounds is a load of crap.  Sorry, I have to call it like it is...be honest, something is off.

The good news was that she could clearly pinpoint trouble spots and we agreed on proactive steps to get her feeling healthier, confident, and meet her goals.
Very cool.

On a more random note, my tan is starting to itch.
It wouldn't be a problem except that I can't physically reach the middle of my back.  Thus, I have to back up to the squat rack and pull a Jungle Book move to actually scratch the one spot that is driving me nuts.
Some of you are too young to even get that reference.
I'm getting old.

Its 8:30 and yours truly is about to hit the bed.  Hump day here we come...


No comments:

Post a Comment