Thursday, August 9, 2012

Long Day, Late Dinner

Dinner at 10pm.  Long day.
It was my last official day in the gym before vacation and I felt like a teacher preparing for a substitute.  There were papers everywhere as I nearly gave myself trigger-finger writing out workout programs.  By 2pm I was pretty spent and found myself slipping into beach-mode.  Honestly, I can tell I am borderline burnt-out and need a few days to regain sanity....(its a process to say the least)...

I've had a few people asking me about this past weekend and how I bring food for a plane ride and weekend away.  Well, I basically go anti-green and use as many plastic bags as possible:


Entire weekend in Atlanta and I only had to purchase 2 meals.  Not bad.  And you better believe that when that bag went through the airport scanner they studied it like I was already guilty.  Either they thought something else was in that chicken, or were baffled by my OCD tendencies and the fact that I had 2 pounds of chicken laying on top of my underwear.  "Sanitary" is not my first thought when I pack...

Workout today was awesome.  I was able to get in a true meathead session with all the Zimmerman brothers, even little Nelson.  At one point I look over and Garrett is legitimately arguing about Duke/Carolina with this kid....Garrett = 23 years old...Nelson = 13.  This seemed slightly unfair and yet I was completely entertained by it all.  Overall, great lifting day.  I can't feel my chest, but whatever. 
Story of my life. 
Hell, I'm still waiting on my growth spurt.

Whew, I am tired.
My day concluded with coffee and a friend.  I opted for only 12 ounces instead of 32 this time and sat and talked until the sun went down and the bugs came out to feast on our thighs.  Sweet meat.  I was a great way to cap off my Thursday.

More to come tomorrow.  I am pooped.  Time for some shut-eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment