Monday, August 13, 2012

Monday Grit...

Monday morning and I am not in the gym.
This feels weird.
Instead, I am watching the sunrise, drinking coffee, and watching cartoons with Payton.  This is the educational highlight of my day....much different from Wile E. Coyote and the Roadrunner I used to watch.  By the time you figure out Wile E. is an idiot and never going to catch Roadrunner, you're already 12 years old and trying to embrace the fact that you've wasted 6 years of your life in the hopes that a bird gets caught by coyote.  Sad.

I got my run in yesterday morning, and about to depart on today's jog.  I had to forgo the iPod so I could hear cars coming, which threw me off a little bit.  After about 40 minutes in the rain I might have welcomed a little bump from the front of a mini-van.  Today's run will be in the blazing sun with no wind.  The amount of sweat will be great,...and by great I mean absurd. 

The beach has been so relaxing. 
We spent the first full day playing with the girls and having an intense family corn hole tournament.  After a legendary comeback, the Falcon household was wrongfully accused of doping by the Parker clan.  Rest assured, the day anyone dopes for the sake of corn hole, is the day any intervention involving a few punches and a judo move is totally acceptable. 

Tan is coming along quite nicely.  The freckles are getting out of control and I sort of feel like Punky Brewster...minus the smoker-voice.  She was the only 14 year old who sounded like she'd been puffing on Newports since the 3rd grade. 
Today I may need to opt for the 50spf on the face...

Time to get moving.
Happy Monday folks.  I'll be enjoying it on the beach ;)

2 comments:

  1. Totally jeals that you're at the beach and i'm sitting here in a cube lol.

    And you're on VACATION! Quit blogging lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha...I have to keep myself occupied while chugging coffee at 7am ;)

      Delete