Friday, August 31, 2012

Nightmares, Tears, and Football Pants

Friday morning and I feel as though I ran a marathon in my sleep.
We all know this is not true, and if that ever creeps into my dreams it will be a mini-nightmare.  Puffy eyes,...headache,...I think I went out last night and don't remember.  Geez...

My Thursday ended on a much different note than expected.  The workday was fine and flowed as usual, minus cleaning up someone's bloody nose.  Better that than vomit.
But then I had to get my typical Thursday night grocery shopping done.  By the time I hit the automatic doors I'm pretty much in a coma-like state, just going through the motions and in no condition to make any bigger decisions than to get red leaf or green leaf lettuce.  Its a sight, believe me. 
So there I am, the grocery store nomad, moving at a slugs pace down every aisle just ready to be done.  Apparently, half of Mebane had the same idea.  The place was packed. 
My phone rings.  Mom.
Ya know, there are certain times when an intense-mom-conversation just hits you like a sack of poo.  Honestly, I shouldn't have been allowed to speak to anymore human beings after 7pm. 
But not even 3 minutes into the phone call and there I am...in tears...in the meat department.  Holy crap, at least let me cry in the wine section, it just makes more sense.  But no, I had to drop some eye-water next to the frozen trout. 
Low point.
I had to get myself together before standing in line and making everyone feel awkward. 
Never a dull moment folks...

SO, here we come Friday.
Many of you are headed out for the holiday weekend.  Enjoy it.  I have many people mention that weekends are where they "fall off the wagon", especially when it comes to nutrition.  I understand, but instead of separating the week and weekend in terms of eating habits, treat the weekend as another weekday.  What I mean is, prepare a healthy breakfast and pack your snacks/lunch as you would for work even if you're running errands.  Preparation is the key.  THEN, if you're going out to dinner, fine, at least you didn't let the entire day of eating go to crap. 
We so often get in this weekend-mode where everything is spur of the moment and therefore leads them to making poor choices.
Its another day.
Another opportunity to improve and move closer to your goals.

And on an exciting note, college football weekend!! 
If you can't appreciate those spandex pants get off my blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment