Monday, August 27, 2012

Birthday Barbie

At 5:00 this morning I was standing on the kitchen counter trying to avoid a hip replacement while hanging birthday decorations.
Ryan turns 28 today.
Yes, I married younger.
Guess that makes me a cougar....minus the midlife crisis and excellent rack...which, I can purchase later...

So my morning was certainly not my usual morning routine, but I was happy to successfully start his 28th year off right.  Of course there was cake.  I figured I'd stick with the stripper theme...

My thought was that there was a 100% chance he'd want boobies and sugar on his birthday.  And for a total of $4.32 I satisfied both wishes.  Boom.

The best was when I went the the craft store to get the doll cake-topper.
I get to the register and the lady says "Aw, you're making a barbie cake?!"  Uh...not exactly.  Well, unless Barbie was easy with a horrible reputation, then yes.
I just smiled.
No way this woman would have appreciated the creativity involved in this particular endeavor.

It was a fairly typical Monday in the gym.  Well, until the power went out.
Thankfully, it happened after my morning clients, but made my personal workout dark and ridiculously hot.  We are totally spoiled with AC...which, I'm fine with.  After about 20 minutes of stagnant air, practically marinating in my own filth, I was ready for God to shed some light on the situation and relieve me from the Monday madness. 
But no, it continued until I literally had 5 more seconds of cardio left and then like magic, the power comes back on.  I kid you not....5 seconds...
Monday will kick you in the crotch every time.  Every single time.

I was also going through evaluation sheets today and under "Past significant medical history" someone literally wrote: jammed big toe.  Being the horrible person I am I laughed and then made a mental note to inquire about this later, and then proceed to drive a mac truck through this extremely low pain threshold. 
Just know that when you write something like that, whatever follows it on the list pretty much means nothing.  You could write broken jaw and a bulging disc, but the fact that its listed with a jammed toe means your judgment may be just as impaired as that left hallux.
Never a dull moment...

Monday done.  Here we go Tuesday.

5 comments:

  1. Haha you seem like quite the cake decorator. You could have your own baking show or something. I can just imagine how hot that gym got too. Even with only the fans off, it gets brutal let alone the AC was out. Mondays always seem the hardest though; hope the rest of the week is better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. ;) I have hidden talents in decorating......inappropriate cake decorating.

      Delete
  3. Whaaatt up T?! I'm guessing you want a stripper cake in November...I'll see if the Mer-bakery is busy then ;) Ha. Yes, the workout was ridiculously hot, but ready for Tuesday's meat-session! Hope all is well in DC,...keep up the writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you had a show on Food Network I would totally watch it. What a good wife you are making your husband a stripper cake for his birthday! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete