Sunday, August 12, 2012

Day 1 of Vacay...

Its 6:30am on the first full day of my vacation and I am up sucking down coffee like the true addict I am. 
I passed out on the couch last night after a family shrimp dinner and was practically crawling to the bed by 9pm.  That was some serious sleeping.  I haven't experienced a solid 9+ hours in awhile, and pretty sure I drooled all over the place just before I hit a coma-like state.  Give me any kind of horizontal surface and I will figure out a way to get in fetal position, ignore the back pain, and meet Tatum in dreamland. 

Getting to vacation was half the battle.  It was an absolutely full week that literally did not end until Friday afternoon.  By Thursday clients were just staring at me as if at any moment I might spontaneously com-bust or go off on someone.  Both were accurate predictions.  And the truth is, it was not them at all.  It never really is. 
I had a client ask me a few days ago out of all the people I work with how many do I truly not enjoy training.  I had to laugh....I've never been asked that before.  Then of course I told her I was not going to honestly answer it.  Ha.  Truth is, when you're working with so many types of people you are never going to click perfectly with every single human being.  That is ridiculous and unrealistic.   And I look at it as a matter of energy...some people just require more energy than others.  To put it simply, my energy tank was pretty dry by Friday afternoon. 

We hit the road yesterday morning and I was napping by 9am.  That was nap #1.  Somewhere between Mebane and Myrtle Beach I regressed to a 6 year old and napped about 3 times and whined about needing to use the bathroom at least twice.  For future reference, if you ever want to torture me, put me in a car with 3 bottles of water, an out-of-tune singing driver, and tell me no restroom stops for 200 miles.  Either my ears will bleed from the American Idol reject sitting beside me, or my bladder will explode.  Its a lose/lose.

My coffee has set in, headache is gone, and I'm starting to sweat.  I've got about 20 minutes before I need to get moving on this pre-beach jog.  I'm not even going to think about the amount of jogging I will do this week...gotta do what you gotta do.  I'll find a local gym to go to for a couple of days, but honestly I am in much need of rest and a few days of just cardio won't kill me....so positive...I must have hit my caffeine high...

Time to get rolling...Have a great weekend folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment