Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Recap...

I just bit the side of my mouth.  Nothing like bleeding during your dinner that makes it tasty and borderline unsanitary.
Everyone survived Easter I assume.  Family, food, Easter egg hunts, kids running around grabbing peeps like they haven't eaten in 3 days...ah yes, another holiday.  I honestly had a trip looking at pictures on Facebook.  For the record, the Easter Bunny should in no-way compete with Santa.  What is wrong with you people?  I saw Easter displays for babies and toddlers that looked like the entire Target store threw up on the couch.  That child isn't old enough to wipe after the damage those peeps are going to do,....no need for all that.  Things just got a little graphic.  I apologize.

The highlight of my Easter was when my grandpa rolled into the service with an American flag tie on.  And not one of those ties with a tiny print of flags that just looks like dots from across the room.  No, I'm fairly certain it used to hang in the front yard.  Wrong holiday Pop.  I didn't know whether to hug him or salute him.  

Well, my Monday was slightly nutty, as we started off the day at an event called The HUB.  It was a 5k race, tennis tournament, and golf tournament in honor of Blake Hubbard.  Today would've been his 15th birthday.  It was definitely a sad day, and yet incredible to see so many people supporting the family and celebrating Blake's life.
After a very sobering morning, we headed back to the gym to squeeze in a workout and then get rolling with the afternoon crowd.  I had chest, biceps, and cardio today.  Everything felt heavy.  My right shoulder was acting a little "off" today, but nothing serious.  Tomorrow I'll hit shoulders and quads...not my favorite combo, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Its late, and I'm exhausted.
Tuesday here we come....night folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment