Saturday, April 7, 2012

Taxes, Eggs, and My 7i

Its 7:30 on a Saturday night and I just had a cup of coffee so I would be awake enough to go out for a late dinner with Ryan.  That is sad....when you must first have a date night "pre-game" by yourself, and then for it to involve 12 ounces of coffee just to function after 10pm.  I've reached a new low...

Well, I finally did our taxes this morning.  I've never been so angry at 7:30 in the morning,...I was in rare form.  Yes, TurboTax makes it easier, but my God I was so sick of looking at that thing.  And I love how at the end, after you've spent a few hours staring at a mind-numbing screen, slowly losing your religion, they ask if you'd like to make a donation to the wildlife fund.  I am not an animal-hater by any means,...nor will I chain myself to a tree for the sake of a woodpecker, but at that point I had about zero concern for anything dying in the ocean, woods, or eastern Montana.  Hell, I would have donated some of my eggs if I thought my refund would increase. 
Needless to say, I didn't give any money.   
I know,...cold hearted.  I'll probably answer for that one day.

On to workouts/health...
The past couple of days have felt extremely rushed, but I've gotten in my workouts.  Shoulders, hamstrings, and core on Friday, and cardio today.  Weights felt extremely heavy on shoulders yesterday, but I'm pretty sure it was because I was supersetting everything.  30 seconds rest between exercises left me sucking wind.  Hurt so good.
A few hours after my workout today I had my first formal golf lesson.  It was great.  Not sure who cursed more, me or her.  We had a great connection though, and it was honestly good for me to be on the other side of the training for once.  Yes, I've worked with a personal trainer before, but its been about 8 years, so it was cool to sort of be there again....but in a different setting.  I was tired but definitely encouraged by the experience.  She looked at me one time and just said "you are soaking this in like a sponge aren't you!"  Yes, I was.  I wanted to know everything.  I am always amazed by skill-based sports.  The fact that YOU have ultimate control, but the mind/body must be in perfect harmony to execute the ideal shot, swing, throw, or whatever the sport may be.  Its beyond athleticism.  Its got to be an almost mindless-focus...second nature and yet fully engaged in the moment.  Very cool.

I better start getting ready before this coffee wears off and I say to heck with going out.  I think college burned me out.  I need balance.  I went from going out til 4am to getting up at 4am and lost my sanity somewhere in between.

Have a lovely Easter-Eve folks, and enjoy the holiday tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment