Sunday, April 22, 2012

Locked Out

Rainy Sunday.
I had every intention of staying in bed longer than 6am, but I woke up unable to roll over and get comfortable again.  My side of the bed was invaded by a 200lb man and a feline.....I was practically on the floor.  So much for sleeping in.  I was baking chicken and boiling eggs by 10 after 6.

After 3 cups of coffee and an hour-long bake fest, I was ready to get my cardio over with.  I just wasn't feeling it this morning.  No, I don't love my workout all the time.  That's ridiculous.  But when I have days when I'm either mentally or physically "not there", I just don't think about it too long.  Sounds so simple and perhaps silly, but the longer I focus on how tired I am or how much I don't feel like doing it, the closer I am to making an excuse not to.  And I don't think that's just me....its something we all battle at some point.  Discipline is not natural.  Its learned, practiced, and developed along the way.  I'm always amazed by the number of people who think that it should be second nature.  If that were the case, the obesity rate would not be skyrocketing and this country would not be in the health crisis its in.  Do yourself a favor, be realistic and accept that "healthy" is a choice, a practice, a culmination of daily decisions to often refuse whats easy and embrace responsibility for your own body/mind.  In the moments you are tempted to quit, those are the MOST critical moments that you must press on. 
With all that said, it seemed like an eternity on the treadmill, but I got it done.

Quick story from my Saturday morning...
I was up by 5:45...(shocker)....and started my cleaning ritual.  By 7:30 I moved to the outside of the house and was watering the plants.  It dawned on me about 10 minutes later than I'd locked the door behind me.  Awesome.  I checked all the doors/windows and even my husband's car to see if I could hit the garage button and get in that way.  No such luck.  So there I am banging on my door and ringing the doorbell like an over-zealous Jahovah Witness.  My knuckles were practically bleeding.  I soon realized Ryan was probably in lala land with Carrie Underwood and I would be ignored on the doorstep for the next 2 hours.  I had to go old-school with my plan.  I found a few small rocks and headed to the back.  After a couple of arm swings, I started tossing those things at the window in rapid-fire fashion.  After the first 7 or 8, I was prepared to go threw a full wind-up and worry about the broken window later.
He finally woke up.  I definitely got the look of what-were-you-thinking-and-its-7:30-in-the-morning-and-this-is-absurd.  Whatever....I am used to that look.  I was just glad to be back inside.  What a way to start a Saturday morning....

Well, its going to be a low key day. 
Get yourself  prepared for the week.  Remind yourself of your goals, get a game plan, and don't look back.  Despite their bad reputation, I like Mondays.  It a fresh start,...a new week.  Treat it as such.  Bring your A-game.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment