Sunday, April 29, 2012

Bullseye!

I am currently devouring my salmon-squash-cottage-cheese concoction, but struggling to breath in the process.  I've developed a nasty head cold in the last 48 hours, and I've reached the point where I have to chew with my mouth open so I don't suffocate.  I refuse to suffocate while eating fish.  Its not heroic. 
If I blow my nose one more time there is a slight chance a major organ comes up.  There cannot possibly be anymore fluid up there.....hope none of you are eating while reading this...

It was a fun-filled weekend in spite of the facial-drainage.  I headed to Charlotte to hang out with some dear friends from high school, which turned into a night of sushi and some serious dart slinging.  And I do find it ironic that someone invented a game involving sharp objects being tossed by people who technically cannot even drive home.  Nonetheless, we threw like our lives depended on it....and of course I got a little carried away.  I may have torn something in my shoulder.  Kidding, but I did get a little too into it.  When I won you would've thought it was the Superbowl.  I had the tight pants and the victory dance.....so it pretty much was.
The best though was this guy playing by himself a couple boards down from us.  He was at a whole new level of serious that I simply was not ready for.  And ok, if you're over there nailing the bulls-eye like a dart monster, fine.  But when you're not and darts are flying like lisp-spit, I truly cannot help but laugh...and stare....laugh and stare.  I was intrigued.  But the icing on the cake was when he turned around and pulled an over-the-shoulder-Robin-Hood move.  At that point there was a 97% chance I was going to be forced to leave for wetting my pants.
What a great night.

After a heavy dose of coffee and protein packed fare-well breakfast, I was hitting the highway like a convict.  Somehow I got home well over 25 minutes faster than the drive down there.  I must have blacked out on the gas peddle somewhere between Rowan and Guilford County.  Right when I got home I had to get my butt in the gym to squeeze in cardio before my afternoon client.  Let's just say that cardio session felt like a brick to the face.  My heartrate was through the roof, I was pouring sweat, and my body was just hating me.  Completely expected, but I was glad to get it over with.  I will definitely be ready for tomorrow's normal routine and workout.  While its healthy to let lose every now and then and allow some down time, its just as important to get back in the saddle asap.  Its way too easy to keep slacking if you let yourself do so.  Make no room for excuses ;)

As you may have noticed, I changed my blog a little bit!  Yes, I nearly lost my religion during the whole ordeal, but in the end I was pleased with the result.  I still have some modifications to make, and I hope to start including more pictures soon.  Although, I'm not quite sure what they'll be.  I'm not going to take a picture of all my food, mainly because most of it looks like vomit and it would be the same thing everyday.  I'll have to get creative.  We shall see...

Have a great Sunday night people,...almost MONDAY...get your mind right!!

No comments:

Post a Comment