Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thank You Daniel...

Its 9pm and I am finally sitting down to eat dinner.
My day started with 3 cups of coffee and a serenade from Alanis Morissette.  After only 4 hours of sleep, a partially-enraged-female was the obvious music of choice for my morning commute.  I honestly don't remember the majority of that ride, and by the time I made it to work my left eye was twitching and I was ready to basically inject the rest of my coffee. 

Yes, its my fault I was so tired.  I was up until after midnight because I went to see Daniel Tosh in Durham.  He is absolutely hilarious, but a 9:30 show on a Wednesday meant one thing: Thursday would be a kick in the face.  I was right.  It basically was....but worth it.  I laughed so hard a couple of times my face started cramping and I was questioning my own line of decency.  Eh, life is a trip...if you don't laugh along the way you'll go crazy.  Needless to say, it was a very long night and I practically fell in bed when it was over.

Despite wanting to lay in fetal position on the floor, counter, or pretty much any horizontal service, I had an awesome workout.  My heartrate was higher on my cardio than normal (expected when tired), but other than that I felt great.  I think it was just mind over matter...I had to get moving and not think about it.  Too often we underestimate ourselves when we don't feel 100%.  Ha,...that's life.  I'd say that I feel "100 %" only about 60% of the time.  There's simply always going to be something that isn't up to par, whether its physical, mental, or emotional.  But for that 90 minutes I seriously try to let it go.  That's MY time.  MY workout.  MY opportunity to either improve or not....its always a conscious choice...for everyone.

We had a teenager come in the other day with a freshly cut mohawk.  I asked him what his parents said,....he laughed and said his mom hated it.  Expected.  For whatever reason he was being rebellious, and thought it was the "cool" thing to do.  Sooo, I had to do my own civil duty and tell him he looked like a tool.  I'm fairly certain that's what his parents were thinking, but perhaps a different word choice.  Eh, same message.  People can appreciate a good mullet.  No one appreciates a mohawk on a cocky jock.  Sorry kid.

Well, I am hurting.  I can hardly keep my eyes open.  Time for some much needed rest...Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment