Friday, April 6, 2012

Weighttraining With Wrinkles...

Well, I've been up for over 3 hours and finished my Friday morning OCD-binge-of-cleaning.  Its an interesting combination of smells around here....pinesol, almond furniture polish, lemon scent kitchen cleaner, and yankee candle lavender/vanilla.  My sniffer has no clue what the heck is going on.  A little tid-bit for you....my favorite thing to do is turn on the jazz or singers & swing station on tv while cleaning.  Perhaps because Eminem would be a little intense while scrubbing the toilet.  Although, I'm not completely opposed to it...

Yesterday was a full day, which ended with a grocery store trip right after work.  Worst time to go.  Not because its so crowded, (I beat the 5pm crowd since I didn't get there until about 6:30), but because I am so exhausted that I sound borderline drunk trying to interact with the cashier.  At that point, I've generally exceeded my word limit and become socially-challenged.  The girl bagging my groceries watched me yawn and said "I feel ya."  Really?  You're maybe 16 years old, got 11 hours of sleep because you played hookie from school, will go make out with your boyfriend after your whopping 4 hour shift, and the greatest worry in your life right now is your parents finding out you're drinking after prom. 
See, this is why I should excuse myself from public places after 5pm.  To her credit, she didn't put the squash on top of the lettuce.  I appreciate that.

Work yesterday was great,...I had a couple of questions about the Paleo Diet, so I'll address that in an upcoming post.
I was absolutely thrilled when my 74 year old client said she went to the doctor and they were "blown away" by how in shape she was for her age.  She was very pleased and said it gave her even more momentum to move forward.
I think people often get in this mindset that as they age, especially from 60 and beyond, that they will simply decline in health and getting "out of shape" is a natural thing.  Uhhh...who said that has to be the case?  No, fit at 65 does not look the same as fit at 25, but its about optimizing your overall health and wellness at WHATEVER age you are.  The whole idea of maintaining a high fitness level into your elder-years is to keep functional movements easy and reduce the risk of injury by increasing flexibility, balance, and strength.  Life still goes on after 70....no reason to sit on your butt and watch it pass you by...

Today I have to get in my workout a little early because I'm going for my once-every-3-months haircut and then meeting a friend for coffee.  One of my dearest friends whom I haven't seen in nearly a year....we just might suck all the oxygen out of that place from talking so much.  Shocker.

Friday, here we go.  Get a jump-start to the weekend, keep your goals at the front of your mind, and move forward....always forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment