Friday, April 27, 2012

White Spandex = Horrible Idea

Friday morning.
After 4 cups of coffee one would assume that I'd be awake, alert, and pretty much ready to grab life by the horns.  Yeah,...not so much.  As tired as I've been all week, I did not sleep well at all last night.  My throat is killing me and at 2am I was lying in bed sucking on a cough drop hoping I wouldn't choke.  That's not how I want to go down.  Mainly because there's the common sense element of why would you lay down with a cough drop in your mouth?  Eh, I get it.  But at 2am everything seems like a good idea at the time.  No?  Examine your college years.  My point exactly.

My workout yesterday ended up being much better than I anticipated.  Generally, Thursday workouts hit me like a ton of bricks because I'm tired from the week and its Back-day, so lots of heavy, compound lifts.  I was pleasantly surprised though, and finished with some cardio on the treadmill.  I was worn out from my ipod, so I threw on the tv and watched mindlessly until it was over.  Certainly helped the time go by faster, but daytime commercials are the worst.  If I saw one more advertisement for Depends I was going to lay my face on the treadmill belt. 

The highlight of my day came in the afternoon.
Brian's triathlon suit came yesterday, so naturally he was like a kid at Christmas and was eager to try it on.  If you've never seen a man's triathlon suit, imagine the tightest pair of bikers possible with a giant maxi-pad in the crotch, complimented by a sleeveless spandex top with a chest zipper that could easily fit any 12 year old girl.  On a 6'3" male, this thing was a sight.  And not only that, it was white...why on earth would you make that in white?!  I was so entertained/freaked out - it was great.  There is absolutely no way I could have gotten one thigh in those shorts...much less run in them.  And how are you supposed to run as fast as possible with an accent pillow sewn in the crotch?  Forget that.  I will simply support from the sidelines.....and take pictures of this freak show to post on the internet...

Well, my cleaning is done.  I am fully prepped to teach hip-hop class tomorrow.  Now I just need to write up my workout for today and take care of a few odds and ends.  The only thing I'm not looking forward to is hitting hamstrings today.  They were sore for 5 days after my last leg workout, so I've only enjoyed about 2 days worth of sanity in the regard.  I will probably beat them up pretty good and then complain about it tomorrow.  Hey, whatever it takes to get it done!

Here's to Friday and a jump start to the weekend :)  Have a great day folks!

3 comments:

  1. YIKES!!!!!!!! White? Seriously? Why...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...yes. He said its probably because black gets too hot. Anyway, it was funny. Great to see you on Tuesday and get back in gear :) Enjoy your weekend!!

      Delete
  2. I have to see pictures..I mean I say that while thinking, "Do I WANT to see pictures?!" I'm still laughing at your description, especially the "accent pillow" part.

    ReplyDelete