Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Bedazzled

Only Wednesday??!...Holy crap this week is long.  Or maybe it just feels that way since I felt like I was coming down with the plague for 3 days.  Thankfully, I do feel much better.  I'm breathing so clearly it almost burns...you know, like when you snort pixy-stix...and if you never did this as a child, I'm sorry you were so deprived.  There's nothing like the rush of grape-flavored sugar entering your nostrils at 50mph...not sure what we were thinking...

A little tired today, but felt pretty good headed into my workout.  I hit biceps and triceps today, then finished with some cardio.  My biceps were out of control today....and it was a little annoying that my right arm is noticeably more vascular than my left.  Its always been that way...stupid left arm.  About the only thing I can do with it efficiently is throw it in the air on the highway to people who can't drive...its the universal sign for "what the?!!" and "Are you kidding me?!!"  Go 65mph down I-40 in the fast lane and you'll be sure to meet the 'ol left hand...

Then there were my triceps.  Dear Lord they are big right now.  After 3 sets of dips with a kettlebell hanging between my legs, I was ready to start throwing kegs for a strongman competition.  You know how scary I would have been in college if I could have been able to toss kegs like bean bags?!  Not sure if I would've had more friends, or less...

Workout:
Lying lat-bar curls 4 x 10
Alternating hammer curls 3 x 10 each
EZ bar curls 3 x 10
Reverse grip bicep pull-down 3 x 10
Weighted dips 3 x 10
Tricep press-down on dip machine 3 x 12
Rope press-down 3 x 12

Cardio is starting to go by faster...thank God.  No, I still don't enjoy it...until its over.  But remember, this machine was not built for endurance...I get about 2 miles to the gallon on a good day.  Nonetheless, I got it done and now its on to the rest of my day.  I am just about done picking out my suit for the show....and I honestly might go with purple...its my gut feeling.  I might start a part-time job just to pay for the dern thing.  Thankfully, they eliminated the 1-piece round....saving about $300 right there, and who cares about a 1-piece anyway?  I'm pretty sure I could buy a plain suit and jewel it myself, but I can picture me trying to glue hundreds of crystals on a 2" x 2" piece of fabric and losing my religion in the process.  Not sure if its worth it...

Well folks, that's it for now.  Enjoy your hump day...keep pushing...

No comments:

Post a Comment