Monday, February 21, 2011

Beast mode

Yes, I'm alive...barely.  I totally forgot to blog on Friday and then the weekend was extremely busy...so here I am.  Life hates me right now.  Whatever was brewing in my system last Thursday is now full-fledged, and pushing through today's workout was completely mind-over-matter.  Everything felt heavy as hell....probably because it was.

Workout:
Flat DB press 4 x 10
Incline DB press 4 x 10
Cable flys 4 x 10
Seated shoulder press 4 x 10
Seated lateral raise/ss partials 4 x 10/failure
Front DB raises 4 x 10

This weekend I ran on Saturday...made it about 30 minutes outside before I thought the wind was going to blow me over, so I finished inside on the treadmill.  15 minutes later I was DUN.  I was glad to get my cardio in on Saturday because I was pretty much worthless yesterday.  My husband and I went out to Raleigh Saturday night with 2 other couples to see an 80s cover band, and I pretty much fist-pumped my way through the night.  Felt like college....but sober.  We had an amazing time, but staying up past 1am nearly killed me.  By the time Ryan walked me back to the hotel I was speaking in tongues...I was the one who sounded drunk, and my body was literally hurting when I crawled into the hotel bed. 

Sunday felt just as nuts.  I tried to squeeze in as much rest as possible, while watching the Daytona 500 of course.  Yes, I do enjoy NASCAR...rednecks, beer, speed, what's not to love?...But I was only able to relax a little while before heading to my brother's surprise 30th birthday party.  For the record, I wanted to take the birthday cake to the face...I wanted to swim in it...I wanted to rub icing...uh...ok, nevermind...

It's 7:45 and I've already taken Nyquil and am headed to bed.  This machine needs some down time to recharge for tomorrow.  Now I just need to get out of this recliner....ugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment