Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Numb

I've officially reached a whole new level of nuts today...(as if there was any question, I know).  If Leg Day were not hard enough, I thought it would be a great idea to bombard these trunks with 5 sets of everything.  On my 3rd set of squats, I realized it was going to be a loooonnnnggg workout.  There's this whole mental-step-progression that goes on with 5 sets, that goes something like this...

Set 1: "Ok, feels good, this isn't so bad..."
Set 2: "A little heavier, but nothing I can't handle...feeling the burn"
Set 3: "Am I there yet?  I can't flex my muscle anymore...come on you little girl, PUSH!"
Set 4: "End my life right now...this is absurd."
Set 5: "Son of a @$%&*....when will this be over?!!"

At least that's what goes through my head...I know, my thought process is a little "off" to begin with...add some determination, adrenaline, and heavy weights and its a recipe for total madness AND total domination.  Needless to say, it feels absolutely amazing to be sitting here right now.  Getting up will be a whole other story though.  After my ridiculous lifting routine I walked on incline 11 for 30 minutes...it was the post-abuse, abuse.  Honestly, the only thing that kept me going was that I was watching Tosh.O....seriously, the funniest show ever...unless you're easily offended.  Let your hair down, laugh a little...it won't kill you.  I had to jump off the treadmill a couple of times because I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe and nearly peed my pants.  I don't mind throwing up during a workout, but urination simply isn't cool.  Here was the near-death experience:

Back squats 5 x 10-12
Hamstring curls on machine 5 x 10-12
Leg extensions 5 x 10-12
Walking lunges 5 x 25 yards
lunge jumps 5 x 20

Only 6 days until I have to experience that nonsense all over again.  Seriously, my legs are shot right now, but I feel good about my workout...so I can settle for feeling like hell.

Had a great day work-wise.  It truly never gets old for me to see people get stronger, feel better, and accomplish things they never have before.  And if it helps them to curse at me during the process, I'll take it.  I was fulfilled and exhausted by the end of the day...excellent day at work.  As I drove home I couldn't help but think about how different my life could be.  A little over 4 years ago I was going through the worst depression I've ever experienced and simply had not fully addressed certain issues in my life.  One person I was seeing for counseling strongly suggested I get out of the fitness industry and find a new job.  I can't imagine not doing what I do....and I'm so thankful I didn't take that advice.  I am doing what I love, and sharing my gift to others...life is good.

Whew...full day.  It's 8:30 and I could crawl in bed right now.  Hump day is waiting.  Have a great night...wake up with purpose...

No comments:

Post a Comment