Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Pour it on

Highlight of my day just occurred in Target a little while ago.  I just purchased body-icing from Target for $5.  What?  Show me a man who doesn't want to lick high fructose corn syrup off his woman and I'll show you a liar...or someone who hasn't come out of the closet yet.  But the look on the guy's face in front of me in line was priceless.  It was like he was saying "Who the hell buys cottage cheese, lettuce, and body-icing?!...Freak...".  I almost felt the need to explain that they were not all going to be used at once (as if there was any question).  I just stood there and smiled...making him even more uncomfortable...poor guy.  His wife probably got him a card with puppies on the front for Valentines Day...so not as cool as body-icing...

Back on topic...
This morning was rough.  It feels like it should be Thursday....I am exhausted.  My legs feel like they were beat with a 2x4 for about 6 hours straight.  Today I had shoulders, core, and cardio.  Shoulders are looking pretty good...pretty darn big actually...matches my butt.  I honestly cannot believe I made it through 40 minutes of cardio today.  I rotated between walking on an incline, jogging, and the eliptical...after about 5 minutes I would get bored and have to switch it up.  I get the worst ADD on the treadmill and want to bang my head against the wall.  The point is that I got through it...in one piece...fairly sane by the end...

Workout:
Seated DB shoulder press 5 x 10
Bent arm lateral raises/ss arnold press 3 x 10 each
Y raises, palms down 3 x 12
Lateral DB raises 3 x 12
Sit-ups on BOSU 2 x 12
Crunches on ball 2 x 12
Pilates heel touch 2 x 30
6" leg lifts 2 x 12-15

I'm spent.  Just finished my coffee and about to start with afternoon clients....mostly athletes, so I'll probably yell quite a bit.  Nothing out of the norm for Deth.  Happy hump day people...keep pushing...talk yourself out of NOTHING...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mer! Glad to see things are rolling well, you always manage to have a funny story about Target...def a good Valentine's day gift! Well done on the cardio and the workout, hope you and Ryan have been doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ZIIIMMMMM!! Glad to be your comic relief for the day...and appreciate the approval on the V-day gift...I try, what can I say?! Things in the Falcon house are good, just eating, sleeping, training...story of our life :) Need to catch me up on college life...how is everything? The GF doing well? Need me to save you a tube of body icing?? Ok, kidding... But seriously, can't wait to hear about the Zimm tour...

    ReplyDelete