Monday, February 7, 2011

Head up, back flat

Some Mondays slap you in the face, take your money, and leave you begging for mercy by 3pm.  Today was one of those Mondays.  I was extremely tired by 9am and knew it would be a long day and a hard workout.  I can't blame the Superbowl since I was completely sober and watched the final minutes from the comfort of my bed.  Way to go Packers.  Sorry Roethlisberger, but you're kind of a tool...ok, you ARE a tool.  It's not spring break '94 anymore...so stop trying to find the latest wet t-shirt contest.  Needless to say, I was glad the Packers won...

I didn't get enough rest this weekend, and could kick myself for staying up late Friday and Saturday night.  I did cardio on Saturday and took yesterday off.  I did not do a refeed yesterday per-say, but I did bump up my carbs just a little.  I just didn't feel like my body needed a huge refeed. 

Today's workout was hard, but good.  I did chest and biceps.  Not my normal Monday, but I was feeling it...so I went with it.  On the last set of my flat DB bench press my right arm completely gave out and the weight fell to the floor, barely missing my head on the way down.  What a way to start the workout....throwing weights around like a crackhead.  My husband came in and started his workout while I was still going, and I'm not sure how smart that was.  He'll say "nice set" and then smack me on the butt like I just came out of an all-star basketball game.  What a character.  I finished a set of dumbbell flys and stood up...his first sentence was, "Babe, when you do that, your shoulders and chest flex like a guy".....side note for the guys: if you want to get laid, do not use this as a pick-up line.  If my goal wasn't to be as muscular as possible right now, I might take offense to this.  Onward we roll....

Workout:
30* Incline DB press 4 x 10
Flat DB bench press 3 x 10
DB flys/ss front raises 3 x 10 each
Declined push-ups 2 x failure
EZ bar curls 4 x 10
Underhand straight bar pull-down 4 x 10
Alternating DB curls 3 x 8-10 each

I've got 35 minutes to clean dishes, unpack and repack my gym bag, set the coffee maker, make my to-do list for tomorrow, and yell at Oscar for cleaning his butt in the middle of the living room.  Yes, he's a cat, but no one wants to see that.  Lots to do, not enough time....need some serious sleep tonight!  Happy Monday folks...repent tonight, redeem it tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. I so love your blog, you always crack me up. Chris agrees 100% with the Roethlisberger comment. I don't normally read parts of blogs out loud to him but I knew he'd like that.

    Thanks for kicking my butt today - I always look forward to training with you (in an oddly masochistic sort of way).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...so glad you enjoy it! Its honest, what can I say?! And great job with the workout (as always)...I certainly appreciate all your hard work and our conversations/laughs - makes my day :)

    ReplyDelete