Wednesday, February 16, 2011

On the Go

Only Wednesday?!!...
It feels like it should be Friday already.  I was so thankful to get a full 7 hours of sleep last night though.  I left work and I was able to enjoy the last few minutes of sunlight...usually not the case...so it was a pleasant ride home.  I came home to find my husband emptying the dish washer...I immediately thought he wanted me to take off my clothes.  Ladies, your man's motive is always to get you naked...just fyi.

I felt pretty rushed all day....had to fly through my workout, but I got it in.  Today I only had biceps, core, and some cardio. My arms were on fire by the end, and my core needs some work.  The strength is there, but every time I work my abs hard I get nauseous and feel like someone is ripping out my pancreas.  Its ridiculous.  Combine that with my self-diagnosed IBS, and you've got yourself a situation...holy crap, I've got to stop watching Jersey Shore...

Ok, funny moment of the day...
I'm working with a 13 year old boy today...same kid who thinks I don't believe in having fun in the gym...and he starts asking me random, off the wall questions about what I like to do in my spare time.  It was as if he was searching for any kind of information that made me "more normal" in his mind.  He asked what I like to do for "fun", and I listed off a few things of which the last one was just "hanging out".  He immediately stopped moving, looks up at me in complete shock and goes, "You hang out?...like, with other people?!"  I think he honestly thought that I was such a hard-ass that I have no friends and live in a hole somewhere.  Ha...only partly true...I have 2 friends and live in Mebane....very close....

Let's talk business...workout today was fast, but I got everything done.  Biceps, core, and cardio torture on the treadmill...yes, I'm being dramatic, the cardio wasn't that bad...blah...

EZ bar bicep curls 4 x 10
Reverse grip bicep pull-down 4 x 10
Alternating incline curls 4 x 10 each
Decline sit-ups 3 x 15
Crunches on BOSU 3 x 12
Oblique crunches on ball 3 x 20

So, another food that I can't wait to eat....pancakes.  Dear God, give me pancakes...I might take the syrup bottle to the face.  I think I just had "a moment"...

Thursday is almost here....can't wait.  Its been a long week, I'm looking forward to pulling some heavy weight tomorrow, and its one day closer to the weekend.  Right now...I must get my beauty rest...for the sake of everyone...

2 comments:

  1. You hang out!??? Weird...would've never guessed. And I'm a friend too Mer, cmon! Things have been going well here, can't wait to catch up...I'll be back for the spring break tour soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you are correct. No matter how many years you've been married, your husband's job is to always figure out a way to get you naked. :)

    ReplyDelete