Thursday, February 24, 2011

Powerful moments

Brief moment of sanity....maybe.
I'm staring at my chicken and green beans like its dog food...I am not in the mood for chicken right now.  I know I know, I normally eat, sleep, and breathe chicken, but right now the machine longs for some turkey.  Ground turkey rocks my world...clearly, it doesn't take much right now.  Throw on some Marvin Gaye, brown some ground turkey, and Mr. Falcon might have a pretty exciting Thursday night. 

I was pretty pumped about training back today...who am I kidding, I am always pumped to throw around heavy weights.  I started with upper-back exercises to spend a little more time focusing on that because my mid/lower back already looks like I might deadlift my car for fun.  Thankfully, my wrist is feeling a little better...not 100% by any means, but I'm not too concerned about what it feels like as long as it gets the job done.  Sound familiar?  All my clients feel free to nod with wide eyes right now.....I get it.  No sympathy for me, means no sympathy for you ;)  Its tough love...and apparently, there's always more to give...love tank is always full baby!...

Workout:
Wide grip pull-backs 4 x 10
Lat pull-down 4 x 10
Seated cable row 4 x 10
Bent over BB row 3 x 10-12

Hyperextensions 3 x 15
Rear flys 3 x 10-12

Finished with cardio...walk/jog/swear...repeat....ok kidding, I got through it and here I am...alive....sort of.

Had a great morning with clients...lots of laughter, and some great accomplishments.  Sometimes I fail to realize just how powerful the gym is.  I can push people to success or allow them to wallow in mediocrity for fear of struggle/failure.  No one's life should have room for anything mediocre....so I push.  A woman this morning was so excited to tell me that people have noticed how much more confidently she is walking, and how she is now able to do functional movements we take for granted on a daily basis.  She was literally glowing.  And the cool thing is that THAT very moment and feeling of accomplishment will be the catalyst for others in her life...in the gym, and out.  She left her workout session exhausted, but empowered...and this is why I love my job...

On to my afternoon.... I absolutely love my next client.  She is the only person who gives me a hug after every session.  Most people are too tired to give me the middle figure they'd like to give me for making them work like mules, but its ok...nothing personal.  Well, more chicken, coffee, yelling, and home tonight for some tv and down-time....yes, even I like to relax...shocking, I know.

Have a wonderful Thursday....go hard...push beyond mediocre....life's high is on the other side

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Meredith, simply awesome. You are inspiring and the fact that you push clients to be the best they can be, is also admirable. That passion you have for weight lifting is the passion I have for running, and I see it's not the other way around for either of us! :)
    Happy Thursday, maybe I'll see you in the gym in the morning---unfortunately, I'll be there ready to NOT be mediocre. :)

    ReplyDelete