Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sweat and tears

Not quite sure if I ever really woke up today.  I know its a bad sign when I am yawning by 8am...long day to say the least.  I am tired more and more often now....combination of tough workouts, low carbs, caloric deficit, not enough sleep, and constantly working with people all day.  I need to recharge my batteries this weekend...I might hibernate...with a bottle of Jack just in case Armageddon happens.  No plans for being sober for that event.

Had a great day with clients....I absolutely love it when someone "gets it".  The mind-muscle connection happens, and it makes my day more than you could imagine.  Some people will workout for YEARS and not get that...just going through the motions...totally missing out.  Oh, and then I had the client who is so positive, upbeat, and a little too happy if you know what I mean....well, I know he's had a great workout when he's on the floor cursing at me and telling me how bad his next set is going to suck.  Haha...that one made me laugh today.  I think I brought out his demons.  He survived....and is now a better man for it.

Workout today was brutal.  You guessed it, leg day.  I swear it feels like my legs have gotten bigger.  I struggled through the entire workout because my energy level was basically a 2.

Workout:
Squats 4 x 12-15
Walking lunges 4 x 25 yards
Hamstring curls on machine 4 x 12-15
Leg extensions 4 x 12
Lunge jumps 3 x 24

An hour later I was crawling to the shower.  Thankfully, I had time to take a nap today...that's about the only thing that saved me.  I laid down in the PT room, turned on the heater, and was out like a baby.  It was absolutely wonderful.  I am looking forward to tomorrow....mentally, I was just not in a good place today.  Tomorrow HAS to be better.  Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment