Friday, February 4, 2011

small steps

Getting moving this morning was a challenge.  It's cold, rainy, and Friiiiday...my body hates me.  I need rest.  Story of my life.  This weekend should be pretty low-key besides Duke game (look for me on tv, I might paint my chest), and the Superbowl...heck, I might paint my chest for that too.

Mentally, I feel a little better today...not great, but better.  I just keep reminding myself to be patient, keep working hard, and to just shut up and train.  Doubt is too powerful to ignore at times, but never stronger than will.  I firmly believe that. And some days its simply about the will to just keep going.  I feel like I've only "kept going" since Wednesday...no breaking records...just one foot in front of the other.  And this weather is getting to me...if I lived in Seattle I'd be on suicide watch 350 days a year...and heavily medicated the other 15.  Ready for some sun...

Let's talk workout.  I honestly had a great workout once I got going.  Shoulders, triceps, and some core at the end... The shoulder supersets were absolutely ridiculous, and after my 5th set of the first one I thought I'd lost my mind.

Workout:
Lateral DB raises/ss seated shoulder press 5 x 10 each movement
Front DB raises /ss close grip BB split press 4 x 10 each
Dips 4 x12
Rope press-down 4 x 12
Sit-ups, legs on bench 2 x12
Full sit-up on BOSU 2 x 12
Crunches on ball 2 x15
Ab roll, legs on ball 2 x 10

Glad that's over.  Time to relax.  I wasn't able to stay awake for Jersey Shore last night as I'd planned...because I was in bed like every other 65 year old by 9:30.  Sooo...I get to enjoy the drama tonight.  I'm already glued to the recliner....its all she wrote at this point!

Night folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment