Tuesday, February 22, 2011

'til my legs collapse

What an amazing nights sleep.  After my shot of Nyquil, I was out by 8:00...and pretty sure I didn't move all night.  I reached a whole new level of sleep last night...close to black-out, but not booze-induced.  Either way, I'll take it.  I still sound like I can't breathe and cough like I've been sucking on Virginia Slims since I was 7, but I feel much better than I did yesterday.  Yesterday was absolutely miserable.

Had a great morning with clients...had a screaming baby in the gym for an hour.  Her mom felt horrible about it, but I was thankful...it was great birth control.  I should probably record it and play it over and over in the morning until I feel like I am going to rip my hair out.  Or perhaps they should play it in class for high schoolers who apparently think its cool to get knocked up and throw a baby on their hip like a fanny pack.  Can't pass English 101 but want to bring a life into the world....am I the only one bothered by this??...

Anyway, down to business...
Today was leg day.  Honestly, I was looking forward to it...I know, the world must be coming to an end.  I was sucking wind the entire time, but felt decent for the most part.  I've got some fat on the back of my legs/glute area that I swear I'm about to cut off with a butter knife.  It's driving me nuts.  Its like the fat cells are having a committee meeting right under my ass...and I guess its a sit-in protest because no one seems to be leaving.  Ugh...

Workout:
Squats 4 x 10-12
Leg press 4 x 10
Hamstring curls on machine 4 x 10
Walking lunges 3 x 25 yards
Leg extensions 3 x 10-12
Hamstring curls on slideboard 3 x 12

I can barely hold my eyes open right now....need my coffee.  I've got about 15 minutes til my next client, and truly need every second of down time.  While I love my job, it is extremely exhausting to work with people all day.  I am pooped...4 hours to go....

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I still feel SO BAD about that!! She slept all the way to the Y and when we got there she was all smiles (go figure). I agree with you on the birth control thing though - seriously - record her and play that in all high school classes. They'll think twice about having unprotected sex (or all the girls will become nuns). Despite it all, great workout again today - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hayley, please don't feel bad at all!!! That was the first time she's EVER cried in there...seriously good baby! Great job today...and just think, no back squats on Thursday :) Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like to hear that despite sickness and tiredness you are fully engaged in intensity! Will see you soon!

    ReplyDelete