Monday, January 3, 2011

Down, but not out

Yes, I am alive.  Barely.  It was a long weekend away, and a pretty long Monday to say the least.  For starters, I was physically attacked by a piece of equipment today.  Stupid theraband handle snapped off while I was demonstrating an exercise and clocked me in the ear.  I went down like I just got shot...it was not the most pleasant way to start off a Monday morning.  My ear is still pretty tender...and now I have a fear of rubber tubing.  Awesome.

I woke up today feeling better than I've felt the past 4 days.  The sore throat that I had last Wednesday gave way to a full fledged head cold by Thursday night, and by Saturday I was pretty much hating life.  Honestly, if it weren't for the annual New Years trip and all the havoc we had to wreck, I would've stayed home and in bed all weekend.  I was a trooper though.  Sick, sober, and out on New Years eve like a champ....mainly because I was the DD, but whatever.  When I finally hit the sheets at 2:30 I was almost in a coma.  I was exhausted and ready to sleep like it was my job,  and then at 4:45 in the morning my eyes flew open and I almost lost my religion.  A couple of the guys decided it would be a good idea to continue their Rock-band debut in the next room.  Did I mention that particular room is a theater-room??  My bed shook like I was in the middle of a Def Leppard concert and I ripped off the sheets like I was about to go bust up a gang fight.  I tend to overreact sometimes....shocker.  Needless to say, the first day of 2011 was not my brightest.  I was sick and stayed on the couch for about 5 hours before getting in a car to drive home.  I managed to watch 5 hours worth of Jersey Shore, and I'm fairly certain I am a little dumber because of it.  It was like a bad train wreck I couldn't help but keep watching.  Watch it for about 20 minutes and you'll soon realize that procreation applications are not such a bad idea...

As far as working out goes, I was able to cram in all of my necessary lifting from Monday to Thursday, so I did 45 minutes of cardio on Friday, took Saturday off and focused on not dying from a head cold, and then struggled through 45 minutes of cardio yesterday.  I was sucking wind the whole time.  I was ready to lift today...loaded up on BCAAs, and then it was game time.  I'm switching my lifting around a little this week so that I can hit shoulders twice.  So today I did chest and shoulders.  What a brutal combo.  My arms were shot by the end and I was honestly questioning my sanity for planning it that way.  The lifting alone took me an hour and 25 minutes and then it was straight into my afternoon clients.  There was definitely no down time today.

Workout:
Flat DB bench press 3 x 12
30* incline DB press 4 x 10-12
DB fly 3 x 12
Wide push-ups..SLOW 2 x failure
Seated shoulder press, with back support 3 x 12
Standing BB press 3 x 12
High rope row 3 x 12
Lateral/front DB raises 3 x 10 each

Tomorrow I've got LEGS.  Not just quads, not just hamstrings....the whole enchilada.  My legs already hate me...they can feel the pain coming like the plague. 

Well, I can barely keep my eyes open...time for some much needed sleep.  I'll probably have nightmares about a daggone thera-band....

No comments:

Post a Comment