Friday, January 28, 2011

Peanuts or pretzels?

Ah yes, finally home and eating my chicken in sweatpants and socks that have flamingos on them.  Nothing says "welcome home baby" like an XL hoodie and flamingo socks.  Sorry guys, but that whole fantasy of arriving home from a long day at work to find your wife waiting at the door with a plate full of food wearing nothing but a smile is...well...not exactly how it happens.  Don't worry, you'll get food, a smile, and nudity...just not all at once.  Because the truth is, the second you bypass the booty to go for the food, is the second that whole romantic moment is ovvaaa......... So here I sit in my sweats.

Today was a good day.  I got a little bit more sleep even though I naturally woke up at 4:30 thinking I had to go into work.  After dosing on and off for over an hour, I finally got up around 6:15 and headed for the coffee pot like a moth to a flame.  I was all jacked up from that point on.  Cleaning,...reading,...organizing...I was out of control.  Give me a list at 7am and I will dominate that thing like a champ by 10.  I was out the door by 11 and ready to workout.

Workout was great today, despite being the only one in the gym.  I felt sore, but focused, and made a couple of adjustments on the fly. 

Workout:
Standing BB shoulder press 4 x 10-12
Seated DB press with back support 4 x 10
Seated lateral DB raises 3 x 12
Seated front DB raise 3 x 12
Dips 4 x 10-12
Reverse grip tricep extension (10x)/ss Rope press-down (10x)  3 sets

Week 12 down.  Thankfully, I am starting to see slight changes in my arms.  It's definitely a slow process and I have to constantly remind myself to be patient.  For now, I will continue to marinate in this recliner while watching Office reruns....why does "that's what she said" never get old?....What can I say, I am easily entertained...

Here's to the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment