Monday, January 17, 2011

Washed Up

What a day.  My horoscope said "You could feel a little out of sorts in the morning."  For the record, EVERYTHING feels out of sorts when you get up at 4:30.  I stand in front of the mirror, splash water on my face, and think to myself if anyone saw me in that particular state it might scare the crap out of them.  Lets be honest, everyone looks like a tornado victim upon waking.  But I slap on my war paint and hit the ground running.

I thought I would be well rested from the weekend because I really didn't have too much going on.  And I was able to just SIT yesterday...pretty much plastered to the recliner for a few hours.  Every time I'd lift my head to get up I would talk myself out of it.  I was pretty much worthless yesterday from 3-6pm.  Seriously, what will happen when I have kids one day and can't nap for 3 hours on a Sunday afternoon?  I wouldn't put it past me to hand them some rocks, sticks, and matches and tell them to go have fun.  Needless to say, I was pooped.

As far as training this weekend, I did high intensity intervals on the treadmill Saturday and then took Sunday completely off.  The sprints went well, although my legs feel like they weigh 1000 lbs right now.  After 25 minutes I was sucking wind.  The highlight of my weekend was the big fat steak I ate on Saturday night.  I ate that cow like it was my last meal....no chance I would ever be a vegetarian.  I'd gnaw off my arm before that would happen.

Today's workout was great.  I did shoulders, triceps,  and core, and then finished with some sprints on the treadmill.  Weights were heavy, but good.

Seated shoulder press with back support 4 x 10-12
High rope row 3 x 10, last set drop set
Front DB raises 3 x 12
Lateral DB raises 3 x 12
Front and lateral shoulder isometric hold/rotations 2 x failure
Tricep press on dip machine 4 x 12
Reverse grip tricep extensions 4 x 12
Full sit-ups on ball 4 x 15
Crunches on ball 4 x 15
Oblique crunches on decline 2 x 16
TABATA style sprints on treadmill 20 min

I am ashamed to say that I am ending this blog to watch a new episode of Jersey Shore.  Its very possible that I may lose a few brain cells in the course of the next hour....

No comments:

Post a Comment