Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Momentary weakness

What a difference a day makes.  I am thankful God only gives us 24 hours at a time.  One more hour and I would be that much closer to the edge...figurative and literal depending on the day.  Yesterday I felt absolutely great....today, not so much.  I forgot how emotional this process can be.  You're tired, a little carb-deprived, and pushing your body as if you've got a buffet of fuel waiting for you after your workout.  Yeah right.  Everyday is a little different and I truly cherish moments when I can honestly say I feel "GOOD".  I think the main issue right now for me is getting enough rest.  Getting up at 4:30 makes it nearly impossible to go to bed after 9:30 and wake up feeling refreshed.  I finished with my morning clients and sat down for a few minutes before my workout...the next thing I knew, my head was on the desk and I was completely out.  Asleep in less than 2 minutes.  Thus, getting up to head straight into a leg workout was like going to Disney World to find out Mickey is a meth addict and Minnie is actually a dude.....extremely unfortunate and a slap in the face. 

Today was the first day in awhile that I felt weak.  I was struggling with weight that I normally do not struggle with and had to tap into some serious mental power to get through.  Just one of those days.  Tomorrow will be a redemption day.  I truly HATE not being on my A game....more than you know.  I don't expect perfection, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't push as if it were attainable.  I can't fathom any other way.

Workout:
leg press 5 x 10-12
Squats 4 x 15
Hamstring curls on machine 3 x 12
Leg extension 3 x 12
Single leg glute raise on ball 3 x 15 each

I finished with some cardio on the treadmill...which, after lifting legs is like someone thumping you on bruise over, and over, and over.  I was absolutely thrilled to be done with my workout today. 

Now I'm enjoying some stand-up comedy and some down time.  I could watch comedy everyday, all day....love it.  Laughing is underrated.  Surround yourself with funny people...its free entertainment.  I would write more, but my goal is to be in bed by 9:00.  I've got 20 minutes.  Night folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment