Friday, January 21, 2011

Are we having fun yet??

Getting up at 6:00 was absolutely amazing...I seriously needed a good 7 hours of sleep.  I struggled to stay awake for the rest of Jersey Shore, but I have an idea of what I missed...drama, cursing, binge drinking, and a bunch of acronyms that no one should use...ever.  

I just finished my workout and am looking forward to my massage tomorrow.  My shoulders are extremely sore which made today's routine more difficult than usual.  I really like hitting shoulders twice a week and if I end up pleased with my shoulder size and definition by showtime, that will be success in itself.  Its been a weaker point in the past, so the plan is to completely reverse that.  Since I naturally have a "thicker" mid-section, I need my shoulders to be big and round to create a more V-taper.  Genetically, I'm built like a 12 year old boy....on roids...with the backside of a Kardashian.

Workout:
Standing BB shoulder press 3 x 10-12, drop set to failure on set 3
Seated arnold press (10x)/ss front DB raises with rotation (12x)...3 sets
Lateral raises 2 x 12-15
Lateral raise partials 3 x 15-20
Lying lat bar curls 4 x 10-12
Alternating incline curls 3 x 10 each
BB curl partials 2 x 12/failure

Mentally, I feel better than I did a couple days ago....I mainly need some rest and some mental-escape from everything.  Brian reminded me that this competition is for fun, but its hard not to be competitive about it.  For me, the journey does not have to be a walk in the park for me to enjoy it or want to do it.  WINNING is fun, so I can't imagine giving 85% to this and expect to have fun.  To some extent, I think if you enjoy every single aspect of training for ANY event, you're not pushing hard enough.  There comes a point when you physically struggle, mentally struggle, and emotionally struggle...pushing through that is what makes you better, but is not easy.  Sometimes the toughest adversary you'll face is your own momentary weakness to want to stop.... Leave yourself no option but to overcome it.  Period.
  Ok, there's my motivational speech for the day.  My EDITED motivational speech ;) 

Ok folks, time for the rest of my day....and THEN, the weekend baby!!  So ready for some extra down time.  Me,...the bottle of Nyquil,...sounds like a complete Friday night at the Falcon house. 

Enjoy the weekend.....be great.

1 comment:

  1. Winning is fun. But the journey is also supposed to be fun... so make it. And let the cards fall and judges decide in the end who wins knowing you enjoyed and not stressed over the journey

    ReplyDelete