Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hump-day hangover

Its 1:45 in the afternoon and this is literally the first time I've had some peace and quiet in over 48 hours.  My mind and body has been on overdrive this week and it caught up to me yesterday.  I sat in my car and was seconds away from a panic attack.  I haven't had one in a couple of years, and I truly do not miss them.  That's one reason I didn't blog yesterday.  I was simply not a pleasant human being and needed to cut something off the "to do" list before I threw it, myself, or someone else against the wall.  I feel a little better today, although I am in much need of some Mer-time that does not involve any type of physical activity or thinking.  Mindless inactivity...sounds like a typical American day.....ridiculous....

Last night I woke myself up in the middle of a freak-out.  My husband thinks this is extremely funny and fuels the bizarre behavior.  All of a sudden I was standing in our bed at like 3 in the morning freaking out thinking there was a giant spider in the bed.  I literally stepped over my husband, jumped off the bed and ran to the bathroom.  Meanwhile, he's laying there going "is there a monster? You gonna get the monster?"  I do this quite often and I'm sure one day he's gonna video it and post that mess on youtube.  Enjoy the show if it happens.... 

Heading into week 12 I will begin decreasing my carbs a bit and doing more of a "re-feed" day where I'll bump them back up pretty substantially just for that particular day.  This is when the cravings start.  Veggies are great and all, but after 3 cups of broccoli and green beans, my insides could gas a small vehicle. 

Workout was good.  I had back today and took a break from bent over rows.  I just wasn't feeling it today.  So I focused more on my upper back/lats and finished with some core work.  My back will be nice and tight for my massage on Saturday.  Between the golf ball size knot  in my rear delts and the ones in my rearend, she will have a hay-day with me I'm sure. 

Workout:
Seated cable row 4 x 10
Close-grip pull-back 3 x 10
Lat pull-down 3 x 10-12
Hyperextensions 3 x 15Single arm Lat pull-down 3 x 10 each
Full sit-ups on ball 3 x 15
Crunches on ball 3 x 15
Oblique crunches on decline 3 x 10 each

A few more hours and then home...my goal is to sit on the couch and watch Parks and Rec, the Office, and Jersey Shore without physically moving....

No comments:

Post a Comment