Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Making strides

Hump day hates me right now.  I just woke up from a nap...and I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who can sleep on a physical therapy exam table, lights on, with rap music blasting over the speakers.  I was out cold.  Now I'm in that groggy phase where I really have no desire to form sentences to anyone until I finish my coffee.  My sanity is pretty questionable at the moment...

I was honestly excited this morning when I woke up and realized it was Wednesday and I only have cardio.  Mainly because that's about all my body can handle at this point.  I am beyond sore right now and hip-hop class tonight will be comical to say the least.  I will drop it like its hot...and then probably just drop.  All I did today was walk in an incline for 40 minutes.  I had the treadmill backed up to see the TV and I was in the zone.  If I remotely slowed my stride, I felt too tired and too sore to want to continue...so I sped up.  Logical.  My body wanted one thing...I demanded another...and I finished.  That's all that matters.

Its interesting to me how much my perspective on competing has changed since my last show...and especially since my first.  Just knowing that one minor mishap on my diet or workout plan could totally screw me over makes me a little anxious.  I sort of miss the ignorance I had of the whole scene for my first show.  I went on stage with no spray tan and in a regular swimsuit, and still managed to qualify for nationals and beat about 9 other women in my height class.  Now I worry about every little thing.  There are so many theories and opinions out there, and sometimes it can be tough to drown out the "what about this" thoughts, and be confident in my own knowledge of what works best for me.  Yes, I do struggle with that sometimes. 

Well, time to get ready for my afternoon crowd.  Almost done with my coffee...which is critical for me and those who have to be around me :)  Happy hump day folks....

No comments:

Post a Comment