Monday, January 10, 2011

Helmet head

Talk about running on E.  I had all intentions of going to bed early last night, and even slipped under the covers at 9:00.  HOWEVER, for whatever reason I thought it would be a good idea to watch a scary movie right before bed.  What an idiot.  I was freaked out and couldn't get my mind to stop thinking about it.  I tried to offset it by watching some Daniel Tosh stand-up comedy, but then I was laughing so hard my face cramped up and nearly wet the bed.  Between bathroom runs, laughing, and being convinced I might be murdered within the next few hours, I could not sleep to save my life.  Note to self: no more scary movies before bedtime.  I woke up in a foggy daze and was rudely reminded that it was definitely Monday morning.  Ah yes, Monday.

I was looking forward to training shoulders today, but instead of doing chest, I went with just triceps.  The only downside is that I have to lift for a 5th day this week.  So Wednesday I will have chest instead of just cardio.  We'll see how it goes.  Workout went great today.  Kept the weights heavy as possible and was exhausted by the end.  My main focus today was to squeeze as hard as I could for each rep....especially on my stubborn left side.  Harder than I thought, but finished.

Workout:
Seated DB shoulder press 4 x 10
High rope row/ss Y press 3 x 10 each
Lateral raises 3 x 15
Front raises 3 x 15
Tricep press on dip machine 3 x 12
Rope press down 3 x 12
Reverse grip tricep extension with lat bar 2 x 12-15

Ok, so funny story of the weekend....
I made the mistake of going to Wal-mart on a Saturday.  Not only is it ridiculously busy, but apparently its against the rules to open more than 5 checkout lines.  Nope, we'd rather spend 30 minutes in line.  So there I was in line keeping myself occupied with People magazine and wondering when Kate Gosselin will stop exploiting her kids, when the line starts to move.  I give my cart a good shove and wham! I hit something.  I thought something had just fallen out of my cart or off the shelf....nope, I definitely nailed a small child.  She looked up at me for what felt like the longest 5 seconds.  It was the quiet before the storm.  Two seconds later she's screaming at the top of her lungs and running to her mom.  It was bad enough that I'd practically given the girl a concussion, but then I was trying to cover up my mouth while I laughed.  I am horrible I know.  I was sorry I hit her, mad at the mom for letting her 5 kids run around like we're at Disney World, and strangely thankful for the whole scene because it was great birth control.  Poor thing is probably scarred for life and will willfully wear a helmet in public now.... And that was my weekend adventure in Wally-world.  Next weekend I might head over to the ball pit at McDonalds and see how many kids wanna pretend we're in the WWF...

Well, got the coffee rolling and headed into the afternoon crowd....happy Monday...

1 comment:

  1. I am laughing my ass off at your Wal-Mart story!! I was just there yesterday and made a mental note NEVER to go to Wal-Mart on a weekend.

    ReplyDelete