Monday, January 31, 2011

Blow'n the roof off...

Week 11 here I come.
It was a great weekend, and the weather was such a tease of Spring....so intoxicating that I RAN outside on Saturday.  Yes, I ran.  I was high on life....or something.  I headed out to Duke campus mid-day, popped on my iPod and tried to find some sort of rhythm.  Ok, so by mile 2 my quads felt like they weighed 1000 pounds and I was once again reminded as to why I was never on the cross-country team....(besides the fact that the guys wear shorter shorts than me, and I'm not sure I could stare at that from the back for more than 100 yards).  Honestly though, it was great to be outside and I finished roughly 5 miles with only minor knee pain and a few explicit words.  Successful day.

Sunday was my day off and another absolutely gorgeous day.  Since I couldn't get out and do more cardio (like anyone had to pull my arm not to), I did the next best thing....I broke out the neon green fold-out beach chair and laid in my sweats on the back patio.  In Mebane, that's how we roll.  All I needed was some Red Man and a dog named Otis. 

Yesterday was also my refeed day.  I bumped up my carbs quite a bit, dropped my protein, and kept fats low.  Dear Lord was I bloated.  Between the oatmeal and raisins, I was BEYOND gassy.  One small push and I could have taken global warming to a whole new level.  I was still bloated this morning...its ridiculous.  It was good for me to see exactly how many carbs my body needs to feel replenished without spilling over and retaining water/looking "soft".  Next Sunday I won't increase my carbs as much...about 30g less would be perfect.  Just thankful to be sitting here not feeling like I'm about to blow a hole in this recliner.

Today was a good day.  Enjoyed some much needed laughter with clients this morning and then headed straight into a workout that has left my arms feeling like...well...come to think of it, I can't really feel them.  Because of my schedule this week, I had to hit chest AND shoulders today.  Deadly combo.  Almost dropped a dumbbell on my face twice.  The weight was heavy, my muscles were shaking by the end, but it was great.

Workout:
Flat DB bench press 5 x 10
30* incline press 4 x 10
DB flys 3 x 10-12
Seated shoulder press 4 x 10
High rope row (10x)/ss heavy bent arm lateral raises (10x)  3 sets
Front DB raises 3 x 12
Lateral DB raises 3 x 12

My left arm is seriously going numb as I type.  Right now may be the only time I'm actually looking forward to leg day tomorrow.  I know, I know...then tomorrow night I won't be able to feel my legs.  I figure I'm only screwed if my whole body goes numb at once...

Alright folks, today's been great, need some sleep, ready for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment