Thursday, January 27, 2011

Speeding

Started the day off with a bang.
I was halfway to work and realized I forgot my phone.  Not good.  Thankfully, I am somewhat chronically on-time when it comes to work, so I barely had time to turn around and make it to work 5 minutes before my first clients.  Doing 90 down the highway yelling obscenities before 7am isn't exactly the way I like to start my day, shocking I know.  I enjoy my 20+ minute commute except on days like today when I had to back track and yell at cars to get out of my way as if they can hear me.  Once I was at work and caught up my morning was great. 

A few clients have commented about my blog the past couple of days and it truly means a lot to me that they (you) read it.  I hope it offers a few laughs and an honest look into myself and this journey.  I think the biggest compliment I received was that it is just "Real".  Well, that's life.  Its up, down, and everything in between...and the greatest thing we can do for ourselves and the people around us is simply BE REAL.  I remember walking around Elon's campus when I was in college and everyone would do the ol "Hi, how are you?", "Good, how are you?"...bla bla bla.  I always wondered what would happen if I was like "I'm NOT good, ok?!...slightly suicidal and failing Economics...but, enough about me, how are you?"  Pretty sure Miss Phi Mu wouldn't have known how to deal with that.... Looking back on all of that makes me extremely thankful for the people in my life who truly call it like it is and actually live in reality...not some distorted version.

Anyway....workout was good today.  I had back and core and felt pretty good about my weights.  My left shoulder bothered me a little, but I think its just extremely tight.  Time for another massage!!  Yeeeaaahh...

Workout:
Wide grip pull-up 3 x 12
Lat pull-down 3 x 10-12
Bent over BB row 3 x 10-12
Hyperextensions 3 x 15
Seated cable row 3 x 12
Rear flys 3 x 12
Full sit-up on BOSU 3 x 15
Crunches on ball 3 x 15
Pilates heel touch 3 x 1 min

All jacked up on my second round of coffee....I need a syringe.  11 1/2 weeks baby!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment