Friday, January 14, 2011

Two handfuls

My internal alarm clock needs to be thrown against a wall.  Wide awake at 5:15.  Up by 6.  I truly thought I would sleep much later considering that Thursday was a long day and ended with an hour long ZUMBA class, at which, I think I pulled something during a salsa move....my hips are unstoppable.

Felt a little sluggish this morning and thought my workout would drag along as well.  But honestly, I had a great workout...shoulders, core, and yes even some cardio at the end.  I know, I know!!  But I'm holding the majority of my fat around my inner thighs and butt (shocker), so a little cardio wouldn't exactly kill me.  My husband says my legs are huge...which is sort of a compliment when you spend half your life squatting and leg pressing an ungodly amount of weight, but...its also a wake-up call that I've got some 'ol LB's to lose.  I will gradually bump up the cardio a little, but nothing ridiculous.  Heaven forbid I exceed my sanity-limit....which is quite low right now.  I see Brian and Morven in there watching a movie while biking for over and hour and I can literally feel the acid churning in my stomach at the thought of it.  My crotch aches at the thought of sitting on a bike for more than 10 minutes.  Why no one has invented a pillow-top bike seat is a mystery to me.  Even toilet seats are more comfortable....attach that to two wheels and I might partake. 

Workout:
Standing BB press 4 x 10-12
Seated alternating shoulder press(8x each)/ss arnold press (6-8x)
Lateral raises 3 x 12
Y-raises 3 x 12
1/2 sit-up, legs extended 3 x 15
Leg lifts on BOSU 3 x 15
Crunch on BOSU 2 x 15
35 minutes cardio

I've been pretty surprised that my cravings have been to a minimum lately.  While my diet pretty much consists of the same 7-8 foods per day, my carbs are at the highest they'll be throughout this entire process....so that explains part of it.  Once I start to taper those, life will get a little interesting.  My blog might come with a parental advisory sticker at that point. 

Well, on to bed....this day has been long enough.  I've got sprints tomorrow and rest on Sunday.  Can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with you on bike seats. Although I'm laughing at the image of a toilet seat attached to pedals, I think I'd also go for that over a crotch biter.

    ReplyDelete